Union Inside Sales Representative - Electrical
Company: Wesco Distribution
Posted on: June 20, 2022
Job DescriptionThe Union Sales Associate is responsible for
achieving inside sales revenue goals by obtaining and up-selling
orders, creating customer satisfaction, and adding value to the
customer's buying experience. May own a book of accounts.
- Obtains orders by answering telephone calls, verifying and
entering items, transferring orders to fulfillment, explaining
stock-outs and expected delivery dates.
- Reports industry trends, competitive pricing and customer
feedback to management.
- Collaborates with Outside Sales to ensure customer
- Increases orders by suggesting related items, explaining
features, and checking customer's buying history.
- Opens customer accounts by obtaining customer agreement,
collecting customer information and extending credit.
- Owns, qualifies and develops opportunities passed from
marketing, outside sales, national accounts.
- Keeps abreast of new products.
- Identifies ways for continuous improvement of processes.
- Prepares, generates and follow up on verbal or written
quotations to secure orders or determine reason for loss of
- Maintains customer product discounts through branch price
sheets and/or Distribution System price file maintenance screens;
including maintenance of appropriate cost files to ensure accuracy
of automated supplier claims.
- Investigates deductions made by customer when paying WESCO
invoices, obtaining necessary information for management to make a
determination of whether credit is to be issued or letter to be
written. Prepares replies, credit forms (such as RMA, price
adjustment) and/or entering the credit transaction into
- Reviews open customer order reports and takes action on open
items; specifically, those items that may be at risk in meeting the
customer's promised delivery date. Maintains Distribution System
backorder report, associated customer expediting report/notices,
and customer notification, as required. Experience
- 2 years sales and sales administration in either electrical or
industrial construction equipment
- Telephone sales or business development with proven track
record of achieving revenue goals preferred Education
- High School Degree or Equivalent required Skills/Requirements
- Knowledge of electrical, construction or mechanical products
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously
- Familiar with Microsoft Office, and ability to perform basic
- Ability to prospect and market concepts to existing and
potentially new accounts
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to communicate clearly, both verbally and in written
- Attention to detail
- Ability to interpret complex information
- Ability to use a win-win approach to resolve controversy; stay
objective and fair when dealing with sensitive situations, maintain
constructive working relationships despite disagreement
- Ability to take action in solving problems while exhibiting
judgment and a realistic understanding of issues
- Ability to influence others
- Ability to prepare for emerging customer needs
- Technical aptitude for equipment and service related issues
WESCO International, Inc., including its subsidiaries and
affiliates ("WESCO"), is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative
Action Employer. It is the policy of WESCO to not discriminate
against any job applicant or employee based on age, race, religion,
color, handicap, sex, physical condition, disability, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran
status or any other protected status. This policy includes but is
not limited to the following: recruitment and employment,
promotion, demotion, transfer, compensation, selection for training
including apprenticeship, layoff, or termination.#EES123
Keywords: Wesco Distribution, Westport , Union Inside Sales Representative - Electrical, Sales , Hauppauge, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!