Repair Station Technician
Company: PARKER HANNIFIN CORP
Posted on: May 25, 2023
Parker Hannifin is a Fortune 250 global leader in motion and
control technologies. For more than a century the company has been
enabling engineering breakthroughs that lead to a better tomorrow.
Learn more at www.parker.com or @parkerhannifin.
Accurately and efficiently overhauls/repairs, tests, assembles, and
trouble shoots a variety of complex in- and out-of-production
products. Works on products that contain mechanical, electronic,
and dual hydraulic systems. Works with cross-divisional product
lines (pneumatic, fuel, hydraulic). Actively contributes to lean
initiatives to increase productivity and reduce costs. Routinely
works independently in both assembly and test.
- Performs complex overhaul/repair, test, and assembly functions
utilizing mechanical skills,
mechanical/electronic tools, test equipment, assembly fixtures, and
inspection measurement equipment in a manufacturing
- Adapts to varied conditions based on how products return from
the field. Reviews purchase orders to verify customer return goods
and provides price quote estimates to Contracts.
- Researches and evaluates product failures and serviceability
levels independently. Analyzes, determines, and recommends repair
solutions, incorporating multiple variables, to return products to
serviceable condition on majority of components.
- Signs-off that work is complete and that products are in
serviceable condition for air flight.
- Provides floor leadership in coordinating workload priorities.
Manages workflow in cells and makes appropriate accommodations
based on business demand.
- Sets up complex test equipment on the majority of products to
measure and record valve or system conformance to test
specifications. Sets up test stands with appropriate plumbing for
hydraulic, pneumatic, fuel, and cryogenic tests from required
product test specifications.
- Verifies accuracy of test stand and set-up prior to testing and
makes necessary adjustments to attain specific test results.
Trouble shoots at all levels and resolves set up problems
- Conducts tests using common and/or computerized data
acquisition equipment (i.e. Labview), and interprets/records test
results on data forms. Uses X-Y recorders, oscilloscopes,
transducers, and other related equipment. Troubleshoots and reworks
malfunctions disclosed by test data independently.
- Performs diagnostic teardown and rebuilding of product,
including evaluation of suitability of components, according to
- Produces and inspects assemblies that conform to product
specifications. Assembles, tests, and/or solders to customers
and/or industry standards. Responsible for the entire paperwork
packaging of the unit.
- Interprets blueprints, engineering orders, assembly routes,
test specifications, service bulletins, customer requirements, and
- Works with Technical Publications on the writing and validation
of technical instructions for Components Maintenance Manuals.
- Actively leads lean initiatives by identifying and providing
suggestions on areas for improvement.
- Routinely interfaces with support functions to solve product
problems and conduct work according to business contract. Performs
investigations with engineering and/or government agencies on
service related problems.
- May perform machining operations related to product acceptance
procedures (i.e. pre-/re-trim).
- May travel to the customer to research, identify, and repair
- Observes all safety rules and maintains a foreign object damage
(FOD) free work area. Ensures all equipment is calibrated in
accordance with calibration schedule. Conducts training and mentors
less experienced team members.
- May perform other related responsibilities.QUALIFICATIONS
- 7-10 or more years direct industry related experience in both
assembly and test in a high technology manufacturing
- Able to work independently with no supervisory guidance.
- Demonstrate a broad and comprehensive understanding of a varied
complex hydraulic, pneumatic, and/or fuel products involving
electronics, dual hydraulic systems, and multiple parts.
- Possess extensive historical knowledge of product and process
situations that are normally encountered. Able to independently
overhaul/repair, test, and assemble 90% of the assigned product
- Able to research problems and develop solutions, incorporating
multiple variables, to successfully repair products to serviceable
condition without assistance. Works with products never touched
- Able to set up test fixtures independently.
- Able to adapt to procedures, techniques, and/or processes to
meet special needs on varied assignments.
- Able to read and understand blueprints, route sheets, and test
specifications. Perform semi-complex mathematical calculations, as
well as demonstrate effective verbal, written, and moderate
- Possess extremely strong mechanical reasoning. Hydraulic and/or
electrical background required. Measurement conversion and fluids
theory knowledge required for test applications. Leakage, flow,
friction, and pressure knowledge required.
- Able to take a lead role in implementing lean initiatives.
Possess exceptional interpersonal communication skills, as well as
the ability to work in a team environment on research and solution
development. Possess excellent mentoring and training skills.
- Able to interpret reports and use standard business software
applications. Able to use employee self-service system to access
on-line information and use specialized automated systems (i.e.
PMR, TORS, e-mail).
- Requires specialized certification specific to division
requirements (i.e. FAA repair license, certified operator,
- Ability to effectively demonstrate team member competencies and
participate in goal setting, performance feedback, and
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for
all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based
upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin,
disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status,
or any other status protected by law.This position is subject to
meeting export compliance eligibility requirements.
("Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / VEVRAA Federal
If you would like more information about Equal Employment
Opportunity as an applicant under the law, please go to
Keywords: PARKER HANNIFIN CORP, Westport , Repair Station Technician, Professions , Hauppauge, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...