Site Production Scheduler (I)
Company: The Nature's Bounty Co
Posted on: April 1, 2021
The Nature's Bounty Co. is a privately held, global leader in
health and wellness with a rich history and proven track record in
the nutritional market. As a manufacturer, marketer and online
seller of vitamins, dietary supplements, minerals, herbals, protein
bars and powders, and ethical beauty products, our purpose is to
create a happier, healthier world using the power of science and
nature. The brands of The Nature's Bounty Co. are some of the most
trusted in the world including Nature's Bounty--, Pure Protein--,
Solgar--, Osteo Bi-Flex--, Sundown--, Body Fortress--, MET-Rx-- and
Inclusion and Diversity in the workplace matters at The Nature's
Bounty Co. This includes being focused on retaining and recruiting
a diverse workforce and building a culture of inclusivity. Our goal
is to create a place where people feel respected, valued and able
to bring their authentic selves to work each day.
Did we mention that we also offer excellent benefits, competitive
compensation and a progressive, healthy company culture? If you've
ever spent your workdays watching the clock, you know how important
a positive work environment is for a person's well-being. The
Nature's Bounty Co. is committed to supporting wellness in all
forms. And when it comes to wellness, nature is a pretty good place
The Site Production Scheduler is responsible for coordinating and
developing demand driven production schedules on a weekly basis to
meet inventory requirements delivering customer service goals.
Directed by the Central Planning Manager, the scheduler reviews the
master plan and inventory levels and facilitates with the material
planner necessary materials and components to plan and execute the
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Align with site planning, FG planner and material planner for
all raw materials/components required, and optimize resources to
execute the manufacturing/packaging plan. The team goal is to meet
customer demands in full and on time. (CSL KPIs)
- Collaborate with site planner to ensure plan execution on key
priorities as well as escalate to planner all scheduling issues and
challenges to meet the plan.
- Create, maintain and publish schedules to the facility. Monitor
schedules and communicate all capacity drivers impacting FGs
delivery dates. Ongoing communication with FG planner on
- Leverage Production Wheel Scheduling method (cycling tool) to
efficiently schedule all production lines.
- Drive due diligence in analyzing and communicating all
production issues and adhoc requests to the supply chain
- Develop expertise on the designated tools to generate reports
- Become a site expert on capacity, changeovers, process
capability and constraints of the plant
- Work closely with manufacturing site to adjust the schedule in
real-time to efficiently optimize the plant resources and customer
- Promote teamwork to support supply chain network organization
with newly defined roles, processes and tool usage. Provide input
on process improvement areas with insights and solutions.
- Monitor schedule attainment and adherence as tools and reports
come on line. Coordinate with site manufacturing leaders to ensure
that Bulk/FG schedules are met to meet the demand. Drive root cause
on plan versus actual with service and inventory impacts.
- Other duties may be assigned as required Job Requirements
- Undergraduate degree preferred/or 2-5 years work related
- 2-5 years of production experience
- Experience using ERP system (Oracle VCP preferred) in a
consumer goods organization
- Knowledge of AS400 and MRP/ERP systems (e.g., Oracle)
- Exposure to procurement and planning activities
- Exposure to KPIs and Master Data Management
- Supply chain expertise in CPG industry a plus.
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders, balancing team and
- Proficient with PC Programs (Word, excel, PPT) - especially
with v-look up and pivot tables
- AS400 and ASCP knowledge
- Ability to create and understand reports in order to make
- Strong analytical skills using assumptions and data parameters
to make scheduling decisions
- Ability to influence others within and outside of the
- Exhibit positive attitude regarding work and
- Ability to work collaboratively within teams
- Ability to maintain effectiveness and agility with organization
changes and changing market demands.
- Positive change management view supporting new work structures,
processes, and requirements.
- Passion and drive to assess current work processes with new
solutions, efficiency and quality standards.
- Is creative and intellectually curious; tries different and
novel ways to solve obstacles
The Nature's Bounty Co. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The Nature's Bounty Co. offers a competitive salary and a
comprehensive benefits package, which includes health and dental
plans, voluntary short-term and long-term disability, life
insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401(k), tuition
reimbursement, generous associate discounts and more!
Please contact Human Resources at [ Phone number blocked ] if you
should need a reasonable accommodation to submit your information
for our online job postings.
Ref # POS000006620
Keywords: The Nature's Bounty Co, Westport , Site Production Scheduler (I), Professions , Bohemia, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!