Help Desk Support Specialist
Posted on: June 20, 2022
Company DescriptionITsavvy is a single-source end-to-end IT
provider committed to innovative distribution and tailored IT
solutions. We have built our reputation as a value-added reseller
offering best-in-industry support and delivery speed. Our growing
technology portfolio includes Engineered Solutions, Managed
Services, Cloud Solutions, and Unified Communications. ITsavvy is
headquartered in metro Chicago, with multiple offices and support
centers across the U.S.As a nationwide multicultural company,
ITsavvy values our inclusive, tight-knit culture. Embracing our
employees' diverse perspectives and backgrounds is essential for
our company. We encourage our people to share innovative ideas that
mold our company day in and day out. We drive ourselves to push
boundaries, improve processes, and enable our people to make a
strong impact. This great opportunity is for a self-driven
individual to work in a fast-paced environment.Job
DescriptionITsavvy is experiencing rapid growth in the fields of
Networking, IT Managed Services and Inter-networking solutions. As
we continue to grow, we're seeking Helpdesk Support candidates for
our newly expanded NOC center in Hauppauge, NY. This position will
provide 1st tier/level support to clients by answering calls and
resolving trouble tickets of varying complexity. The ideal
candidate will have experience supporting users and systems, with
strong technical skills, great interpersonal skills, and will be
working in a dynamic environment with a flexible work schedule.
This position will provide coverage to a 24/7 NOC, with rotating
nights and weekends.What You'll Do
- Provide technical support for standard workstations,
applications, mobile devices, and office infrastructure.
- Support client network connectivity (wireless and wired),
business applications, E-mail, and printing.
- Respond to all user support requests from clients with a strong
- Provide support in Virtual Desktop, VMware, and Citrix
- Provide support for clients with backup, anti-virus, anti-spam,
and spyware technologies.
- Administer Active Directory user accounts and computers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.What You'll Need
- At least 1 year of experience in related field preferred.
- Experience managing Windows and Mac workstation hardware and
related applications preferred.
- Ability to diagnose hardware and/or software problems.
- Experience with Active Directory, Exchange, and Outlook.
- Experience with backup, anti-virus, anti-spam, and spyware
- Basic understanding with networking protocols - DNS, WINS,
DHCP, VPN, TCP/IP.
- Experience with web server and business application
- Desire to keep up-to-date with changing and emerging
- Ability to multitask in a fast moving environment.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Great communication skills, in-person and virtually.
- Superior organizational skills with a strong attention to
- Excellent analytical, organizational and problem solving
- Ability to occasionally work overnight shifts and weekends as
needed on a team rotation schedule.BenefitsWhy You'll Love ITsavvy
- Competitive compensation.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield health insurance with prescription drug
- 3 weeks of PTO.
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance.
- Life insurance.
- Healthcare Flexible Spending Account (FSA).
- 401(k) with employer match.
- Paid holidays.
- Employee purchase discounts.
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both
personally and professionally.
- Free ITsavvy Swag.To our future employees. ITsavvy promises to
inspire your success. It's our responsibility to develop your
career and knowledge with an empowering environment that retains
passionate IT professionals.ITsavvy is an Equal Employment
Opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Keywords: ITsavvy, Westport , Help Desk Support Specialist, Other , Hauppauge, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!