Licensed Practical Nurse
Posted on: July 22, 2021
113 Terry Rd, Smithtown, New
York, 11787-3848, United States of America
DaVita is seeking a full-time LPN who is looking to give life in
an outpatient dialysis center. You can make an exceptional
difference in the lives of our patients and their families dealing
with end-stage renal failure or chronic kidney disease.
If you haven’t considered Nephrology before, read on as we think
that you should. Dialysis Experience is NOT required.
What you can expect:
- Long term patient relationships. Build meaningful relationship
with patients and their family in an intimate outpatient
- A team that feels and functions like a family.
- Fun is one of our core values. Happier nurses = healthier
- Specialized, complex care.
- Fast paced. Our LPNs oversee a group of patients (census
dependent on state laws) with the support of PCTs to conduct
patient observations, measuring stats and machine set up. You
will work with your head, heart and hands each day.
- Schedule. Shifts are typically 10-12 hours, 4 days per
week. Schedule times will vary by locations but most of our
LPNs work early morning, days and/or evening shifts. Some
- A clinical leader: DaVita has the highest percentage of
facilities meeting or exceeding CMS’s standards in the government’s
two key performance programs. We expect our nurses to commit to
improving patient health through clinical goal setting and quality
What We’ll Provide:
More than just pay, our DaVita Rewards package connects
teammates to what matters most: robust health care coverage,
retirement planning and savings tools, opportunities for career
development, and well-being resources.
- Comprehensive benefits: Medical, dental,
vision, 401k, paid time off, PTO cash out, DaVita-negotiated
discounts on hundreds of items from your cell phone plan to movie
tickets, Bright Horizons backup care, elder care and
- Paid training: DaVita offers all new
teammates a robust, paid training program to help you gain the
right dialysis skills. The training is a mix of classroom and hands
- Opportunity for a nursing career for a
lifetime. DaVita is committed to providing robust
development and experience for nurses. Whether you chose to remain
in a patient facing/caregiving role or grow (leadership operations,
corporate functions, integrated care, clinical research), we can
guide you on that journey.
Some details about this position:
- Full-time training program may take place in a facility or a
training clinic with a class of new teammates other than your
assigned home clinic
- You must be flexible on the final home clinic placement it may
be in a different location; there is also the potential to float to
various clinics during and after your training
- You must be able to work a full-time, Monday - Friday training
schedule for 12 weeks
- Once training is complete, you must have a flexible schedule
and be able to work mornings, evenings, weekends, and
- Current LPN-LVN license in the state of practice required
- Current CPR certification required
- IV certification required if required by state regulations
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Completed training program approved by the medical director and
the governing body as required by CMS guidelines prior to operating
the water treatment system
- BONENT or CHT certification preferred or as required by state
- Minimum of one year's experience in a hospital or clinical
- Basic computer skills and proficiency in MS Word and Outlook
required; functional proficiency in computer systems of DaVita
within 90 days of hire required
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest
Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or
At DaVita, we strive to be a community first and a company
second. We want all teammates to experience DaVita as "a
place where I belong." Our goal is to embed Diversity &
Belonging into everything we do in our Village, so that it becomes
part of who we are. We are proud to be an equal
opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. As
such, individuals are recruited, hired, assigned and promoted
without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran
status, or any other protected characteristic.
Salary/ Wage Range
Compensation for the role will depend on a number of factors,
including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies and
experience and may fall outside of the range shown. DaVita offers a
competitive total rewards package, which includes a 401k match,
healthcare coverage and a broad range of other benefits. Learn more
Keywords: DaVita, Westport , Licensed Practical Nurse, Other , Smithtown, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!