Company: Good Shepherd Hospice
Location: Middle Island
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Facility: Catholic Home Care Location: Middle Island, NY
Department: Team 8 Category: Allied Health / Clinical Professional
Schedule: Per Visit Shift: Day shift Hours: varies ReqNum:
For more than 100 years, Catholic Health Home Care has been
delivering care to people in their homes. Founded by the
Congregation of the Infant Jesus, the sisters have provided care to
the sick and dying without regard to a person's religion, race,
gender or economic status. Despite the developments that have
occurred over the years, the original commitment remains the
same--from the moment the staff enter a home until the last contact
with that patient, personnel will endeavor to offer the most
comprehensive and compassionate health care available.
The Catholic Health Home Care Occupational Therapist will:
- Develop an appropriate plan of care based on skilled
evaluations, physicians' orders and the patient's individual
- Provides care within the prescribed treatment and in accordance
with Agency policy.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of therapy in accomplishing goals
and intended patient care outcomes.
- Visits patients in a timely manner, in accordance with Agency
- Demonstrates pertinent aspects of therapy in a complete, clear
and concise manner and submits documentation in accordance with
- Develops a home exercise program. Instructs patient/caregiver
and appropriate Agency personnel on safe and effective
implementation of the home exercise program.
- Maintains the dignity and confidentiality of the patient and
clinical record at all times.
- Baccalaureate degree from a University or College with an
accredited program by the AMA or AOTA.
- NYS Registered Professional Occupational Therapist
- 1 year experience as an Occupational Therapist.
- Computer Literacy required.
At Catholic Health, your well-being comes first, with
comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond
the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance,
generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also
offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension
plan and several savings plan options for your future.
Catholic Health is also proud to be voted one of Newsday's Top
Places to Work on Long Island in 2018 and 2019 and Modern
Healthcare's Best Place to work in both 2019 and 2020.
Keywords: Good Shepherd Hospice, Westport , Occupational Therapist-PV, Other , Middle Island, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!