Per Diem Registered Nurse - Wound Care
Company: Long Island Community Hospital
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Executes professional nursing care in accordance with physician
treatment plans in order to provide for the comfort and well-being
of patients and family or support system. In doing so, assesses the
patients' needs, plans and implements the treatment plan, observe
and evaluates the patient's progress and documents pertinent
observations. Works collaboratively with the interdisciplinary team
to meet the holistic needs of the patients. Directs the nursing
delivery of care by the other members of the nursing team.
Participates in the orientation process of new employees.
The Wound Care Nurse is an integral member of the team and
applies their strong clinical background in wound care to properly
manage, treat and monitor wounds that are the result of disease,
injury, or medical treatments. This position covers both Wound Care
Centers located in Patchogue and Hauppauge.
- Collects patient health data by involving the patient, family
and other health care providers
- Performs initial assessment based on patient's
- Records relevant data on the nursing component of the
Interdisciplinary Admission Assessment
- Demonstrates awareness of the special needs of each age group
or culture served as well as those patients with disabilities
- Ongoing assessments are performed as established by department
policy and as warranted by the patient's response
- Incorporates discharge planning into the admission process
- Documents in accordance with all regulatory agency
requirements, including CMS, DOH, and DNV
- Application of therapeutic technique using a vacuum dressing to
promote healing in acute or chronic wounds and enhance healing
- Documentation in medical records / EMR which includes, nursing
care plan, profiles, medication reconciliation, arrival
information, wound assessment, patient instructions, implementation
of physician orders and charge sheets.
- Application of ointments and wound dressings
- Wound measure measurements & wound photos
- Continually monitors the wound for signs of infection. Provide
treatment protocols to ward off skin irritation and infection for
wounds that may not heal well.
- Works with the patient's physician to assess the suitability of
antibiotic therapy, surgery or hyperbaric oxygen therapy.
- Participates in Performance improvement activities and
committees to further improve quality of patient outcomes for the
- Complies with all local, NY State and federal laws, regulatory
agency standards and organizational policies and procedures (e.g.
CMS, DNV, DOH, OSHA, etc.)
- Serves as positive role model for team and continually promotes
excellent patient satisfaction in all programs.
- Follows the Case Managers model - Assesses patient status by
obtaining health history through patient/family interview and
reviews; assessing illness, risk factors, family history, and
psychosocial aspects of the patient's presentation.
- Communicates expected outcomes to the patient, family and other
health care providers to promote continuity of Integrates
identified cultural, ethnic and spiritual aspects of care into the
- Formulates a family centered plan of care consistent with the
assessment of the patient's needs and the physician's treatment
1 year Out-Patient wound care experience
Wound Care Certification ((CWON, CWCN, and CWS) preferred or
Demonstrated competency with compression application, NPWT and
assisting physician with wound care procedures
Professional knowledge of nursing theory and practice acquired
through completion of a two year training at an accredited School
Current New York State license or Permit as a Registered
Interpersonal skills necessary to effectively interact with
patients and their families that demonstrate recognition of
Practice reflects customer service excellence
Ability to clearly communicate in verbal and written format
Analytical ability to assess and develop solutions to clinical
situations or unit problems.
Maintains knowledge and proficiency in the clinical area and age
Keywords: Long Island Community Hospital, Westport , Per Diem Registered Nurse - Wound Care, Other , Medford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!