LPN Clinical Coordinator
Company: Sun River Health
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Sun River Health provides the highest quality of comprehensive
primary, preventative and behavioral health services to all who see
it, regardless of insurance status and ability to pay, especially
for the underserved and vulnerable. Sun River Health is a Federally
Qualified, Non-Profit Health Center serving communities in Suffolk,
Rockland, Orange, Dutchess, Ulster, Sullivan, Columbia and
Westchester County. Sun River Health is currently seeking a
full-time LPN Coordinator to join our team in Coram.
The Clinical Coordinator, coordinates and supervises the overall
functioning of the site and administrative area in collaboration
with the Site Clinical Director, Nurse and Operations Manager.
Performs job duties in compliance with systems and job specific
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of a Clinical
- Assists in clinical area by performing nursing functions.
- Trains, supervises and evaluates the per diem nursing staff and
the clinical assistants in all functions and lab procedures.
- Trains, supervises and evaluates the patient reps, medical
records staff and patient care partners.
- Coordinates the follow-up indicated and tracking all abnormal
test results - mammograms, PSA's, PAP to ensure follow-up.
- Monitors the use and orders all clinical supplies with approval
of Practice Manager.
- Assures adequate nursing or clinical assistant coverage for the
medical providers and coverage of the front desk.
- Assures that pertinent paper work i.e. chart audits, competency
training and testing are done.
- Orders vaccines and keeps up-to-date on the immunization
standards of the Department of Health.
- Communicates with D.O.H. to obtain information on clinics and
treatments they offer.
- Collaborates with the Clinical Director in planning the staff
meetings and runs the sfull staff meetings.
- Supervises the accurate completion of the logs required by
- Responsible for daily operations at site and ensuring patient
- Oversees all facility issues at site.
- Coordinate and communicate with other key staff - WIC Director
and Practice Manager
- Collects data on patients. May not triage; may not interpret
patient clinical data or act independently. on such data walk-ins
and calls for appointments to assess need, and consults with
clinicians to determine action.
- Supervises clinical records procedures to assert that they have
been reviewed and signed by the medical provider.
- Maintains no-show statistics and coordinates the follow-up
Minimum Education Requirement: High school diploma/GED with
Vocational/Technical School/Diploma Program Certificate
- Valid New York State LPN License
- CPR Certification
- Infection Control Certification
Preferred Education Requirement: Bachelor's degree
Minimum Related Work Experience: 5-8 Years
About Sun River Health
Sun River Health is a network of 43 Federally Qualified Health
Centers (FQHCs) providing primary, dental, pediatric, OB-GYN, and
behavioral health care to over 245,000 patients annually. With a
dedicated staff of 2,000 doctors, nurses, and health care
professionals, we pride ourselves on delivering high-quality,
affordable care to those who need it most. Sun River Health started
in 1975 when four African American mothers spearheaded efforts to
open our first health center in Peekskill, New York to deliver
accessible, high-quality, affordable services to patients in need -
no matter their race, religion, income, or insurance status. Today,
after 45 years of service, Sun River Health is still delivering on
that promise to communities across the Hudson Valley, New York
City, and Long Island.
Keywords: Sun River Health, Westport , LPN Clinical Coordinator, Other , Coram, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!