Company: Central Semiconductor Corp.
Posted on: June 12, 2021
As an Engineer in Central's Quality Engineering department, the
individual will perform discrete semiconductor device evaluation,
testing and characterization, various inspections and tests
including destructive and nondestructive tests that are critical to
competitive benchmarking, product reliability monitoring, and
product qualifications. Recent engineering college graduates with
relevant coursework and/or engineer internship experience will be
Key Position Responsibilities
- Performs analyses of semiconductor product/product reliability
monitoring and product qualifications.
- Executes engineering testing and inspection in accordance with
priorities and relevant JEDEC specifications; records results and
prepares data summaries/reports.
- Assists in the analysis of product changes to determine which
tests are needed to requalify product.
- Reviews Qualification as well as Reliability Monitor test data
- Investigates alternate qualification testing such as
Automotive, Mil up-screening, etc.
- Assists in the identification of engineering equipment needed
to perform quality-related testing.
- Performs new equipment prove-in to ensure it performs as
advertised; releases equipment for use.
- Creates necessary documentation needed to support product
- Assists in the planning and scheduling of tests, testers, test
boards, power supplies, etc. as well as maintaining a database of
equipment usage, and eventual replacement.
- Creates Package Reliability Summaries via documentation
control; plans and executes Reliability Monitoring Plans.
- Performs failure analysis of fails found during qualification
- Ensures test programs are properly set up and run on ATE;
performs manual and bench testing.
- Minimizes equipment down time through prompt inspection,
testing, maintaining, and repair requests.
- Interfaces with other Quality Engineering team members and
participates in other projects as directed.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (BS) in Electrical Engineering or equivalent;
and some hands-on engineering experience performing product
qualification/product testing; experience with engineering
laboratory test equipment; hands on experience with or knowledge of
semiconductors; familiarity with JEDEC and MIL Standards.
Three years' experience in an engineering role. Relevant
manufacturing/semiconductor experience including wafer fab,
assembly and test is strongly preferred. Experience with discrete
semiconductors and/or semiconductor device qualification and yield
Candidates apply online at www.centralsemi.com
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: Central Semiconductor Corp., Westport , Quality Engineer, Other , Hauppauge, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!