Company: Town Sports International Holdings Inc
Posted on: June 10, 2021
ARE YOU OUR NEXT GENERAL MANAGER?
Do you have a passion and desire to help others live an active
lifestyle? Do you genuinely care about connecting with others and
being part of a team? If so, Town Sports International is looking
for General Managers to join our growing team. The General Manager
owns the four walls including membership and fitness sales,
operations and customer service. This position oversees a team of
fitness and sales professionals in the club.
CREATE THE TSI ENVIRONMENT
Our profession empowers members and team members to achieve
active lifestyles. Fitness has relevance through all aspects of
life. We build positive relationships and sustain the
organization's culture by interacting with the highest level of
integrity and communicating in a manner that reflects our
- Continuously modeling and promoting the TSI mission, guiding
principles and values with pride and integrity.
- Providing a legendary member experience by consistently
executing the Clubhouse Rules.
- Performs a Member Experience Walkthrough (MEW) daily.
- Being available to team members to address questions and
concerns (Open Door Policy at all times).
- Fostering positive relationships to create team cohesion.
- Hosting daily and weekly meetings with team members to ensure
staff is connected to each other and in tune with member
- Ensuring club provides high levels of customer service, a
consistently clean club, friendly/inviting service in which member
feedback is addressed in a timely manner.
- Reviewing and adhering to all TSI documents including but not
limited to policies and procedures, employee handbook, state
supplement, codes of conduct, etc. and setting expectations around
these documents and policies for all team members and club
BUILD A HIGH PERFORMING TEAM
Inspires, motivates and develops a team to reach their fullest
potential, contributing to the ultimate success of the
organization. We constantly improve ourselves, our processes and
our procedures to provide a meaningful experience in the gym. We
are connected to our members, clients and each other.
- Creating an open environment where employees are empowered to
ask questions and continue to progress along their Learning
- Sourcing and recruiting qualified candidates daily, including
high quality, certified personal trainers.
- Onboarding new team members utilizing proper immersion plans to
ensure clear expectations while setting the new employee up for
- Delivering effective coaching, training, feedback, and
performance management directly to team members.
- Progressing and developing trainers through continuous sales
and technical development.
- Following up with trainers regularly (daily/weekly) and holding
- Ensuring Level 1 shift productivity, including consistently
cleaning the gym floor and being present and available for
- Overseeing other manager's employee management and partnering
to provide guidance on coaching and development.
- Creating robust development plans for team members who want
growth in role and growth into new roles.
- Issuing daily direction based on club walkthroughs (MEW),
member feedback, and team feedback.
- Regularly interacting with members to obtain, assess, and
address feedback on club needs and expectations.
- Responding to all member and team member requests, concerns,
and inquiries in a timely manner.
- Additional duties as assigned.
ACHIEVE MEASURABLE RESULTS
Successfully and consistently exceeds goals that drive the
member, employee and business categories of the organization;
actions reflect a dedication to surpassing the expectations of both
members and employees.
- Hitting all key metrics in sales, revenue, retention, cost
management, daily and monthly indicies, fitness revenue, fitness
sales/ net gain, fitness retention and fitness booking/set up
- Tracking Key Performance Indicies (KPI) for all departments and
creating action plans to improve KPIs.
- Strategically plan daily/weekly/monthly fitness sales, revenue
and retention goals.
- Monitoring performance towards goals as determined by
- Planning and executing daily/weekly/monthly individual and team
meetings. Including a minimum of biweekly learning and development
workshops offered for all club levels.
- Continuously seeking new avenues of prospecting including but
not limited to, call drives, special events in the club and
engaging new members at point of sale.
- Reviewing and analyzing profit and loss statements and other
daily reporting to ensure club is on track to meet revenue and
- Effectively managing costs of labor, supplies, and
- Increasing recurring EFT revenue by driving net member gain and
average dues up.
- Ensuring fitness products and services offered in clubs are
aligned and consistent with the company's overall fitness
- Administering scheduling and biweekly payroll for direct
reports and overseeing such administration by other club
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 3-5 years of management in a fitness, hospitality, or retail
environment, including direct experience in profit and loss
management, revenue generation, staffing/recruiting, employee
onboarding, people management, and people development.
- Physical demands include ability to lift up to 20 pounds with
or without reasonable accommodations, walk through all areas of the
club, climbing stairs (where applicable), and bending and lifting
(e.g. picking up towels, restacking weights, moving equipment as
needed). The company reserves the right to change them as business
needs require and that jobs may require other tasks as assigned to
the employee by the company.
- Child & Adult AED/CPR certified.
- Prior experience analyzing Profit & Loss statements
- Ability to proficiently use our POS, membership, CRM systems,
timekeeping any other computer programs required to meet the
business needs of the customer and TSI.
- BA or BS degree (preferred).
Due to the nature of the business, Town Sports International has
specific scheduling guidelines for this position.
- Team Members are required to work 3 out of the last 4 days of
the month, with the last day of the month being mandatory.
- TSI does not authorize vacation time in the months of January
- This position does not have a set schedule month-to-month and
is subject to changes based on the needs of the business.
- Able to work a fulltime flexible schedule that meets the needs
to the business including mornings, evenings, holidays, weekends, 3
out of the last 4 days of each month.
Keywords: Town Sports International Holdings Inc, Westport , General Manager, Other , Smithtown, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!