Company: St. Catherine of Siena
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Good Samaritan Hospital is a 537- bed (including 100 nursing
home beds) teaching hospital and a member of Catholic Health
Services of Long Island. With almost 900 physicians on staff, and a
level II Trauma Center, we care for well over 100,000 patients
annually across the south shore of Long Island. Our reputation for
excellence is built on great choices and empowered leadership, and
fosters a team that's focused on evidence based practice, continual
learning and exceptional quality of care.
The Kitchen Aide is responsible for general and heavy duty
cleaning of kitchen, cafeteria, and coffee shop equipment and
- set up and operate dish machine for daily ware washing use,
including fill, empty, and replace soap in dispenser.
- set up three compartment sink to wash pots.
- clean equipment in kitchen and cafeteria including washing and
sanitizing of: pots and pans, ovens, grills, fryers, kettles,
steamers, steam tables, fans, walls, hoods, drains, vents, sinks,
work tables, refrigerators, doors, utility carts, food trucks.
- Has knowledge of and utilizes appropriate chemicals for
cleaning and utilizes chemical dispenser.
- Is proficient in re-stocking, rotating, dating and storage
stock (FIFO). Organizes and maintains racks, shelves and
refrigerators. Assists tray line by replenishing needed beverage
- Properly performs floor maintenance including sweeping, mopping
and scrubbing of floors utilizing floor machine. Cleans mats
following proper cleaning procedures.
- Empties garbage and transports to the compactor. Relines
garbage cans. Able to bail cardboard boxes. Vacuums cafeteria
- Accurately delivers patient meals, following department and
hospital policy for patient identification.
- Assists in the receiving and storing of food and supplies,
making sure that all items are stored according to policy and
- Completes any additional tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Skills: Must be alert and skilled in appropriately assessing
the job to be done and quickly, accurately, and in a correct
sequence. Must be able to multi task. Must be flexible and able to
work in stressful environment. Must be able to follow written and
verbal directions with basic literacy in English.
- One year housekeeping or janitorial experience, preferred.
At Catholic Health your well-being comes first, with
comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond
the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance,
generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we offer
substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan
and several savings plan options for your future. We are committed
to caring for Long Island. Be a part of our team of healthcare
Catholic Health is also proud to be voted one of Newsday's Top
Places to Work on Long Island in 2018 and 2019 and Modern
Healthcare's Best Place to work in both 2019 and 2020.
Keywords: St. Catherine of Siena, Westport , Kitchen Aide, Other , Smithtown, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!