Company: St. Catherine of Siena
Posted on: June 10, 2021
St. Francis Hospital, The Heart Center is New York State's only
specialty designated cardiac center. A member of Catholic Health
Services of Long Island, St. Francis is consistently recognized by
U.S. News & World Report as a national leader for Cardiology &
Heart Surgery, as well as for Gastroenterology & GI Surgery.
Additionally, U.S. News rates St. Francis as high performing in
Geriatrics, Neurology & Neurosurgery, Orthopedics, and Pulmonology.
Nursing care at St. Francis is also nationally recognized, with
multiple Magnet designations, as well as the AMSN PRISM Awards and
Beacon Awards. St. Francis has regularly out-scored other hospitals
on Long Island.
The Registered Dietitian (RD) is part of the Food & Nutrition
Services team. RDs are available to complete the nutrition care
process and develop an individualized, patient-centered approach to
The RD is responsible for assessing patients' nutritional status
and intervening with appropriate medical nutrition therapy (MNT)
and/or diet education to improve, maintain, or optimize nutrition
status and document in the electronic medical record.
The RD participates in interdisciplinary rounds and various
committee meetings. The RD also aids in the orientation and
training of new employees and participates in clinical education of
dietetic interns from clinical affiliates.
- Per Diem RD must be flexible with schedule and work
o Scheduled days may vary; Monday through Friday, weekends,
- A motivated individual who is pro-active
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, professionalism,
- Bachelor's Degree in Nutrition/Dietetics required
- Must have completed a post graduate supervised, Commission on
Dietetics Registration approved dietetic internship program and
successfully passed the National Registration Examination for
Dietitians to become a Registered Dietitian (RD).
- Certification with New York State (CDN) is required within 1
year of start date.
- Master's Degree and/or advanced certification in nutrition
- 2-3 years clinical experience preferred, although new RDs would
- Experience with EPIC/CBORD preferred
Keywords: St. Catherine of Siena, Westport , Clinical Dietitian-PD, Other , Smithtown, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!