Company: Good Shepherd Hospice
Location: Saint James
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Facility: Physician Practice Account: St Catherine Physician
Practice Location: St. James, NY Department: Int Med OBrien and
Thompson-P Category: Nursing / Nursing Leadership Schedule: Full
Time Shift: Day shift Hours: 9am-5pm ReqNum: 6034510
Licensed Practical Nurse
St. Catherine of Siena Medical Center is a proud member of
Catholic Health Services of Long Island, and has served the
residents of the Smithtown area for more than 50 years. St.
Catherine's is located on the north shore of Long Island in
Smithtown. The campus is comprised of a 296-bed not-for-profit
community hospital; a 240-bed nursing and rehabilitation care
center; and a 60,000 square foot medical office building. Our
nurses, physicians and support staff are devoted to providing
advanced health care in an environment of compassion to our
patients, their families and our community.
As a Licensed Practical Nurse within Catholic Health Services,
you will be assigned duties and responsibilities related to patient
care in a team-based care and integrative health environment. The
LPN functions under the supervision and delegation authority of the
licensed provider and/or registered nurse, while performing
clinical and other supporting patient care tasks. This individual
also functions as a role model with supervision over medical
assistant staff. The LPN assists in the design and oversight of
efficient patient flow and upholds an environment of patient safety
You will play a vital role in accommodating our patient's needs
by providing exemplary customer service. Our goal is to treat our
patients with I-CARE Values: Integrity, Compassion, Accountability,
Respect and Excellence.
- Acting as a liaison between the patient, physician, and
practice manager and administrating exam facilities, medical
records, and tasks associated with patient care.
- Performs EKG, Spirometry, PFT's, and other testing falling
within the department's scope of practice.
- Organize patient chart, ensuring that necessary documentation
is in place.
- Performs complex specimen collection including, but not limited
to: phlebotomy, wound cultures and finger sticks.
- Demonstrates competency in the administration of subcutaneous,
intramuscular, and intravenous drugs, and venipuncture
- Provides nebulizer treatment, throat cultures, urinalysis, and
other office based laboratory testing.
- Must be able to effectively communicate verbally, in writing,
and over telephone, fax and computer communication. Ability to
communicate in a tactful, diplomatic way.
- Ability to handle information with strict confidentiality.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to multi-task and work in a fast-paced
- Successful completion of LPN course from an accredited
- Current licensure as LPN in New York State.
- Minimum 1 year previous experience required.
- BLS training and Current Certification required.
- EMR/EPIC experience preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalency required.
At Catholic Health Services of Long Island your well-being comes
first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings
go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life
insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts,
we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded
pension plan and several savings plan options for your future.
Keywords: Good Shepherd Hospice, Westport , LPN, Other , Saint James, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!