Registered Nurse (RN) - Adolescent Behavioral Health
Company: William Backus Hospital
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to
work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every
moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut's
most comprehensive healthcare network.
St. Vincent's Medical Center in Bridgeport has more than 3,200
employees. It includes a 473-bed community teaching hospital, a
76-bed inpatient psychiatric facility in Westport, a large
multispecialty provider group, and special needs services for
adults and children. St. Vincent's is the first hospital in
Fairfield County to be integrated into the Hartford HealthCare
network, and is the system's second-largest hospital.
- Provides direct patient care to behavioral health patients in
accordance with the established policies and procedures of the
- Performs initial and on-going bio-psychosocial assessments
according to accepted standards of nursing practice. Develops a
nursing plan of care consistent with the master treatment
- Participates in treatment team conferences to assist in
planning and revising goals, objectives and interventions
appropriate to the age-related and problem-specific needs of each
- Implements nursing plan of care for assigned patients and
conducts and/or co- leads group therapy sessions for patients.
- Evaluates patient's response to interventions and revises
nursing plan of care as needed. Collaborates with the treatment
team to revise goals, objectives and interventions appropriate to
the changes in patient status.
- Performs appropriate assessments of patients per hospital
policy and identifies physical, psychosocial, cultural spiritual
and age-related needs in order to provide individualized care of
- Develops and documents a comprehensive plan of nursing care in
collaboration with the patient and family to meet the physical,
psychosocial, spiritual, cultural and age-related needs of patients
in order to facilitate the delivery of care.
- Provides direct patient care according to physician's order and
appropriate protocols as evidenced by documentation in patient's
medical record and direct supervisor or peer observation.
- Evaluates and recognizes changes in patients' physical and
psychosocial status and revises the plan of care as necessary.
- Delegates aspects of care to other nursing personnel,
consistent with their level of education and expertise in order to
meet patients' needs and to maximize staff performance.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care
appropriate to behavioral health patients and to interact with the
interdisciplinary team in order to achieve the desired outcomes for
- Other Duties as assigned.
- Reflects ANA Scope and Standards of Nursing Practice (2015),
ANA Code of Ethics (2015), and ANA Social Policy Statement
- Associate Degree in Nursing (ASN) required, Bachelor of Science
in Nursing (BSN) preferred.
- Must be able to both individually and as a team member
successfully manage out of control patients using the methods
outlined in the MOAB training
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Connecticut
Department of Public Health obtained prior to hire date or job
- One or more of the following:
- Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart
Association (AHA) obtained within 2 Months (60 days) of hire date
or job transfer date.
- Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Red Cross
obtained within 2 Months (60 days) of hire date or job transfer
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers
exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you
are part of an organization on the cutting edge - helping to bring
new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education
to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving
organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a
competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance.
Every moment matters. And this is your moment.
Keywords: William Backus Hospital, Westport , Registered Nurse (RN) - Adolescent Behavioral Health, Other , Westport, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!