Mental Health Worker - Adult Behavioral Health
Company: William Backus Hospital
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to
work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every
moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut's
most comprehensive healthcare network.
St. Vincent's Medical Center in Bridgeport has more than 3,200
employees. It includes a 473-bed community teaching hospital, a
76-bed inpatient psychiatric facility in Westport, a large
multispecialty provider group, and special needs services for
adults and children. St. Vincent's is the first hospital in
Fairfield County to be integrated into the Hartford HealthCare
network, and is the system's second-largest hospital.
- Provides direct behavioral health patient care.
- Assists patients with performing activities of daily
- Provides or assists with providing direct patient care,
diagnostic procedures and therapeutic interventions.
- Observes and records patient behavior and activities. Reports
any changes in condition and suggests modifications to the
- Establishes a therapeutic relationship with assigned
- Reviews assignment with supervising RN, seeking clarification
when unsure of expectations.
- Maintains open communication with teammates regarding progress
on completion of assignment.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide care
appropriate to behavioral health patients in a timely and
- Provides for patient comfort by performing tasks/services that
optimize patient satisfaction.
- Provides for patient safety in a manner that prevents patient
- Contributes to efficient departmental operations in order to
control costs and ensure productivity.
- Other Duties as assigned
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- One or more of the following:
- Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Red Cross
obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer
- Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart
Association (AHA) obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date
or job transfer date.
- Associates Degree preferred.
- Behavioral Health experience and college courses in psychology
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers
exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you
are part of an organization on the cutting edge - helping to bring
new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education
to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving
organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a
competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance.
Every moment matters. And this is your moment.
Keywords: William Backus Hospital, Westport , Mental Health Worker - Adult Behavioral Health, Other , Westport, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!