28572 - Materials Engineer I/II
Company: Andersen Corporation
Posted on: June 6, 2021
There has never been a more exciting time to be an engineer at
Andersen. It isn't our history that makes us an industry leader -
it's our commitment to innovation. We're constantly setting new
standards for windows and doors that raise the bar for the entire
There is something meaningfully different about Andersen. A key
to the company's enduring success is our sincere and thorough
effort to do the right thing for customers, for employees, for the
community and for the environment.
This position will focus on leading the investigations and
implementations of both innovative technologies and enhancement of
current technologies for the glass and glazing sealant technical
competency areas of the Research, Development, and Innovation
(RD&I) function at the Andersen Corporation.
By working closely with our numerous business partners, this
role ensures the appropriate relationships are leveraged to deliver
holistic solutions that meet not only the technology needs of
RD&I but also meets and exceeds the needs of our final
- Lead development projects that are more complex, the path
forward may be ambiguous, involve multiple variables, have broader
scopes, and/or require cross-functional integration.
- Analyze, develop, and implement holistic solutions, including
exploring multiple concepts, supporting all viable alternatives
with solid data, and gaining cross-functional support to implement
- Develop and present reports summarizing technical analysis,
recommendations, and supporting business case to peer group and
- Effective communication with all levels of internal and
external customers and staff.
- Stay abreast of industry technology developments and explore
their use in Andersen products
- Work closely with suppliers to influence development of novel
- Drive improvement efforts through a solid understanding and
application of statistical tools and interpretation of results for
effective solutions (i.e., Design of Experiments, process mapping,
process capability analysis, Pugh matrix, FMEA, MSA, control plans,
- Provide technical support for material related questions,
technical training, and/or technical specification development
- Develop an in-depth understanding of our various customers
(e.g., requirements, expectations) and their related
- Incorporate these customer perspectives when prioritizing
projects and developing solutions.
- Use a science-based approach to solve complex technical
problems with practical solutions.
- Work independently and collaboratively on most aspects of work,
only requiring general direction with occasional work review.
- Work within guidelines established by general practice,
procedures, and policies.
- Travel as needed within the USA. Up to 10% travel.
CULTURE & BENEFITS
Andersen is committed to making a difference through challenging
ourselves each day, recognizing and rewarding success, taking pride
in our work, and honoring a legacy built on doing the right thing.
There is great respect for life outside work so that you can bring
your best self to work.
We are committed to demonstrating mutual respect and
appreciation of our similarities and differences so that each
employee can realize his/her potential and we exceed our customers'
As an innovative and industry-leading organization, we think of
benefits more broadly. From your health care to your work
environment, to your development and quality of life, we think
beyond basic benefits to provide a total rewards package including,
but not limited to:
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account contributions
- Paid holidays plus PTO
- 401(k) plan & contributions
- Professional Development and tuition reimbursement
- A culture that supports work-life balance
- An environment where collaboration is key
- Volunteer opportunities - on company time
- Environmentally conscious business decisions
- 8,000+ employees and career opportunities nationwide
B.S. degree or higher in Chemical Engineering, Material Science,
or similar fields of study.
- 2-5 years engineering experience
- Considerable versatility in applying specialized technical
knowledge in a wide variety of situations.
- Demonstrates strong scientific and data-based approaches to
- Project management skills preferred.
- Collaborative mind-set with good relationship building
- Mechanical aptitude and a willingness to be hands-on.
- Strong technical curiosity and ability to handle
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint,
Research and Development
Bayport, MN US
Keywords: Andersen Corporation, Westport , 28572 - Materials Engineer I/II, Other , Bayport, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!