Senior Audit Associate
Company: PKF O'Connor Davies, LLP
Posted on: June 6, 2021
PKF O'Connor Davies, LLP is looking for a Senior Audit Associate
to join our Hauppauge, NY office. The individual will perform and
direct the broadest range of accounting tasks and will assist the
engagement partner and/or manager in the development of audit
strategy, planning, review and interpretation of audit findings for
various Commercial and Government clients. The individual will be
the in-charge senior on the engagements and will work with audit
staff at the client's premises, managing the engagement in the
field and performing audit procedures to the appropriate extent.
These duties will include (but are not limited to):
- Oversee the efforts of multiple Commercial and Government
client engagements and demonstrate the ability to run engagements
within allotted time budgets.
- Apply technical skills, take the initiative to identify best
practices and improvements and consider applicability of best
practices for other clients.Research complex accounting topics and
form a conclusion utilizing the Firm's research tools.
- Maintain active communication with clients to manage
expectations and ensure satisfaction.
- Identify and communicate to management suggestions to improve
client internal controls and accounting procedures.
- Understand internal control deficiencies, work on training
entry-level staff on internal control processes and develop
comments for management letters. Understand risk assessment process
and apply knowledge in completing all related forms.
- Prepare financial reports (statements, notes and any
supplemental information) and all other client deliverables.
- Adhere to the highest degree of professional standards and
strict client confidentiality.
- Apply industry trends to analytics, formulate expectations and
- Demonstrate the ability to provide team with directions, play a
key role in execution of audit engagement from planning to wrap-up
and develop audit program steps to identify risks to ensure that
the assignment quality standards are achieved.
- Express ideas clearly and concisely both verbally and in
written form and write detailed document findings.
- Manage engagement staff to meet deliverable deadlines, identify
roadblocks and understand critical milestones to meet client
- Provide quality on the job training and constructive feedback
to Interns and Staff.
- Actively participate in learning and development opportunities,
formal learning (CPE) and training programs.
- Attend professional development, networking events and training
seminars on a regular basis.
- BA/BS degree in Accounting from an accredited
- 3+ years' of progressive audit experience in public accounting
including in-charge auditor experience.
- Commercial and/or Government industry niche experience
- CPA certification preferred or demonstrated progress towards
obtaining CPA certification, including required 150-credit
- Excellent analytical, technical and auditing skills including
familiarity with US GAAP.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Ability to meet challenging client requirements, provide
services, and possess strong communication, interpersonal, and
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and make sound
decisions and recommendations in client related matters pertaining
to the audit.
- Must be able to work additional hours as needed to meet client
- Travel to various local client locations and other PKFOD office
locations via personal vehicle may be required.
Keywords: PKF O'Connor Davies, LLP, Westport , Senior Audit Associate, Other , Hauppauge, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!