Job Title: Press Operator
When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll
do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for
cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe.
Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in
achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information
This position is located within the Clinical Trials Division a
segment of Pharma Services Group. The Clinical Trials Division is a
world leader in global supply chain and biosample management.
Third Shift- M-F
How will you make an impact?
Flexographic press operator responsible for the creation of
custom printed clinical labels from roll stock using flexographic
printing presses. Based on workload, press operator will be
required to operate one of the following when needed: 4150 booklet
press, 5 color flexographic press, Scout Standard Press, and 2200
Standard Press.Label creation must comply with specifications
listed on job order and customer profile and meet quality and
construction specifications as defined by the Clinical Trial
Industry and cGMP standards. Inspects printed material during
production and changes controls to correct printing mistakes.
Responsible for insuring equipment and materials are operated and
maintained at the highest standards and as per Standard Operating
What will you do?
- Required to operate one of the following when needed: 4150
booklet press, 5 color flexographic press, Scout Standard Press,
and 2200 Standard Press based on workload.
- Ability to print a wide array of label constructions from
pressure sensitive roll stock using flexographic label
- Demonstrates excellent ink matching and maintenance skills
which meet the highest industry standards.
- Ability to work with various pressure sensitive materials and
- Follows client approved proofs and associated documents to
manufacture labels per established specifications.
- Manufactures both roll and fan folded labels.
- Maintains daily and monthly production goals and schedules
proactively relaying any obstacles encountered to management to
insure smooth operations
- Produces products utilizing both water base and UV inks.
- Utilizes Delam/Relam and turn bar equipment.
- Utilizes both rotary and magnetic tooling.
- Proven ability to trouble shoot and identify solutions to
- Inspects printed material during production and performs manual
adjustments to avoid and/or correct printing inconsistencies and
- Operates presses in a controlled manner to limit waste and
- Offers process improvement suggestions to improve products,
processes and environment.
- Ability to work in an organized manner, paying close attention
to even the smallest detail, while maintaining a clean professional
- Ability to multi-task to optimize production while maintaining
the highest quality standards.
- Proactively ensures a quality product will be produced by
performing tasks in a methodical manner
- Ability to work independently in planning, setting up and
manufacturing a wide array of label constructions which meet client
- Issues, prepares and returns material correctly and in a timely
manner for press runs.
- Understands and follows all SOPs and Work Instructions that
relate to press operations on each press.
- Demonstrates excellent documentation practices at all
- Maintains the pressroom in an organized manner in order to
operate at the highest level of productivity.
- Follows all safety procedures when operating all manufacturing
equipment or when handling chemicals.
- Performs all jobs per established Standard Operating Procedures
(SOPs), Work Instructions (WIs) and company policies.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and demonstrate
team work when necessary to insure jobs are completed per
- Maintains the press area and label storage area in a constant
state of cleanliness.
- Applies current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs) in all
areas of responsibility.
- Demonstrates and drives the Thermo Fisher values - Integrity,
Intensity, Involvement and Innovation (The Four I's).
- Conducts all activities in a safe and efficient manner.
- Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
How will you get here?
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Designated position for mandatory vision testing every two
- 2+ years flexographic printing press experience
- 2+ years' experience working in press manufacturing
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Ability to troubleshoot issues and identify potential solutions
associated with a wide array of constructions
- Mechanically inclined with demonstrated ability to accurately
- Detailed oriented.
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner with internal
- Must be able to accept work instructions on a daily basis.
- Cooperative and professional team player
- Ability to learn new tasks and accept new responsibilities
- Ability to lift and maneuver materials weighing up to 70
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 75,000
extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and
contribute to our singular mission-enabling our customers to make
the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer
and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected