Day Hab Program Without Walls Instructor
Company: AHRC Suffolk
Posted on: June 6, 2021
SPECIAL $1,000 SIGN-ON BONUS FOR ALL NEW HIRES! (TO BE
PAID IN $500 INCREMENTS) $500 RECEIVED AFTER NEW STAFF ORIENTATION
IS COMPLETED ANOTHER $500 AFTER SIX MONTH ANNIVERSARY INCENTIVE
OFFER VALID FOR NEW HIRES FROM MAY 1st - JULY 31st
LOOKING FOR A REWARDING CAREER?
The People without walls
instructor assists and trains participants in
making informed decisions and choices which allow them to exercise
self advocacy and control over their lives. Under the direct
supervision of the Day Habilitation Supervisor, an employee in this
position is responsible for assisting and training in the areas of
communication, life skills, social behaviors, personal skills,
health care, and promoting self reliance to the extent
This position is Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 3:30 pm
(35 hours), Full Time and Benefit Eligible.
On-call employment is also
Illustrative Examples of Work:
- Attends meetings with participant and service coordinator.
- Maintains program setting in a neat, organized manner; adheres
to safety standards.
- Brings to the attention of supervisor any changes in the health
condition of the participant or any other pertinent
- Immediately contacts medical department in case of injury,
seizure or changes in participant’s health status.
- Submits written reports (Case Action Summaries) on significant
events which have occurred to the participant in program, the
community or residential setting.
- As needed, assists participants in/out of van.
- Assists participants, as needed, with toileting and personal
- Assists participants, as needed, in transferring/lifting.
- Schedules activities based on participants needs
- Completes written assignments as required.
- Prepares all required paperwork in a comprehensive and timely
- As required and with specific training, administers
- With specific training, drives agency vehicle.
- As required and with specific training, maintains CPR and SCIP
- Keeps confidential, all information regarding program
- May be required to use own vehicle on agency business.
- Manages behavior problems in a prescribed manner; consults with
supervisors as required.
- Uses universal precautions when dealing with bodily
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Ability to carry out daily routine in a timely and organized
- Ability to understand written and oral instructions.
- Ability to complete paperwork in a thorough and timely
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationship
with program participants, community and service coordinators.
- Ability to verbally present information at meetings in a
thorough and concise manner.
- Dress and comport oneself in a manner which is in keeping with
good safety practices, and serves as a positive role model to
individuals being served.
- Ability to learn and utilize special techniques needed to serve
the program participants.
- Ability to utilize proper body mechanics and transfer
- Some knowledge of developmental disabilities.
- Knowledge of the community area.
- A High School Diploma or GED
- NYS Driver's License with satisfactory driving record
- Readiness to learn and utilize relevant agency computer
SPECIAL $1,000 SIGN-ON BONUS FOR ALL NEW HIRES! (TO BE PAID IN
$500 INCREMENTS) $500 RECEIVED AFTER NEW STAFF ORIENTATION IS
COMPLETED ANOTHER $500 AFTER SIX MONTH ANNIVERSARY INCENTIVE OFFER
VALID FOR NEW HIRES FROM MAY 1st - JULY 31st
Keywords: AHRC Suffolk, Westport , Day Hab Program Without Walls Instructor, Other , Bohemia, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!