Senior Project Engineer - Highway Design
Company: Vanasse Hangen Brustlin
Posted on: June 6, 2021
VHB is GROWING! We are currently seeking a Senior Project
Engineer to join our Highway Design team in our Albany, Hauppauge,
White Plains, or New York City offices. The selected candidate will
work with a team of transportation planners and engineers on a
variety of public, private, and institutional projects within a
broad cross-section of markets, including municipal, state
agencies, higher education, federal lands, and aviation. VHB has
consistently been rated one of the top AEC firms to work for across
our 30+ offices on the East Coast.
WE ARE VHB-a passionate team of engineers, scientists, planners,
and designers tackling exciting challenges in the transportation,
real estate, institutional, applied technology, and energy
industries-serving a range of public- and private-sector clients.
At VHB, we are dedicated to improving mobility, enhancing
communities, and balancing development and infrastructure needs
with environmental stewardship.
- We are creative problem-solvers
- We work hard, and we give back
- We like our colleagues, and we love Mondays (really)
- We are diverse, caring, welcoming, and fun!
VHB has consistently been rated one of the top AEC firms to work
for across our 30+ offices on the East Coast. We're growing, and we
hope you'll join us!
About the Position
Senior Project Engineer | Albany, NY; Hauppauge, NY; White
Plains, NY; or New York, NY
- Pre-design project planning and financial management
- Conceptual and detailed design of highways and roads including
development of geometric layout, grading and drainage, traffic
control including traffic signals, working with utilities, work
zone traffic control and environmental permitting
- Managing the development of technical design and specification
- Supporting and delivering transportation projects through the
construction administration phase
Skills and Abilities
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication
- Ability to handle multiple concurrent projects
- Motivated to lead and mentor others
- Ability to think critically and strategically
- BS in Civil Engineering or related field (MS a plus)
- 7+ years of professional civil/transportation engineering
- Licensed PE in New York required, with ability to obtain
licensure in other jurisdictions as requested
- Experience with NYSDOT and NYSDOT funded municipal roadway
improvement projects preferred
- Experience with AutoCAD and Civil 3D
Please submit applications online.
New employees will be onboarded virtually and begin their
employment from home. We are in the process of planning for a safe
return to the workplace in alignment with government and CDC
VHB is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or
veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Keywords: Vanasse Hangen Brustlin, Westport , Senior Project Engineer - Highway Design, Other , Hauppauge, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!