Area HVAC Sales Manager-Metro NY
Company: Johnson Controls, Inc.
Posted on: June 6, 2021
What you will do
The Area HVAC Sales Manager will be a member of the NY Metro
Area Management Team responsible for the top line growth of the
HVAC and legacy Fire and Security business. The AHSM will lead a
team of local market sales leaders responsible for
all HVAC Construction and HVAC Service sales in the Area
Increasing market penetration and long-term profitable growth by
developing key strategic initiatives to drive market
Actualizing account management strategies, sales planning, sales
pipeline management, salesperson development/training and sales
activity consistent with JCI sales management disciplines.
Creating a Customer first mindset
Represent JCI in local community and professional organizations
while maintaining an expert understanding of the business
environment (i.e. legislative, purchasing and market trends).
How you will do it
- As a member of the Area Management team, responsible for
top-line growth of revenue as well as meeting growth objectives
around gross margin and EBIT.
- Increase market penetration of JCI product by securing new
customers and leveraging our existing customer base
- Build and foster a team environment across the area as well as
within each business domain
- Solicits support from and communicates effectively with
- Evaluates Johnson Controls local performance in customer
satisfaction and provides leadership for performance enhancement
and proactive resolution of issues and allocates resources as
needed to ensure customer expectations are met.
- Develop and executes growth strategies consistent with local
market conditions and JCI objectives
- Works with Branch Management Leaders to ensure company
standards, processes, and tools are used and applied
- Develop and implement strategic initiatives around customer
- Develop and implement strategic initiatives around contractor
- Foster a teaming environment with the Connected Technology
group to develop and close major project opportunities
- Provide accurate and timely forecasting of sales.
- Analyze each market to identify opportunities for market
- Ensure Sales team is fully staffed to meet budget and market
- Ensure local compliance to Regional and National initiatives by
working within the JCI matrix structure
- Practice performance management by setting clear goals,
investing personal time in employee development and actively
coaching local market sales leaders.
- Ensure adherence to Company policies, procedures, and strategic
initiatives regarding human resource management.
- Accountable for integration of sales and operational team
- Understand the business environment of each local market
including competition, purchasing and business trends.
- Participate as the Area Management Team representative on
strategically important accounts helping to influence
- Establish and maintain personal long-term customer
relationships with strategically important accounts to influence
- Work with Regional HR and Talent Acquisition to recruit, hire
and retain the most efficient sales staff in the Area.
- Ensure compliance with state, local and Federal legal
requirements and operates the local office with the highest
What we look for
- Bachelor's degree.
- Ten (10) years of a proven track record leading sales teams
(motivating, coaching, development of others)
- Operational business acumen including P&L management,
negotiation experience and conflict resolution
- ability to work well in a matrix environment.
- Experience with HVAC Controls and Equipment Products
- Experience in the New York construction industry
Johnson Controls International plc. is an equal employment
opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected
veteran status, genetic information, status as a qualified
individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected
by law. For more information, please viewEEO is theLaw. If you are
an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation
during the application process, please
Keywords: Johnson Controls, Inc., Westport , Area HVAC Sales Manager-Metro NY, Other , Hauppauge, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!