Swim Instructor - Entry Level, Paid Training
Company: Goldfish Swim School - Centereach
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Are you looking for a great gig where the work is actually fun?
Do you want to work somewhere you can get real job experience and
make a difference? Check out Goldfish Swim School! Were a rapidly
growing, award winning franchise that is not your typical
We change lives. We help children reach their goals. We wear flip
flops. We work in a 90-degree pool. We love our employees and
reward hard work with shout awards, gift cards and fun social
events! We offer paid training and flexible shifts that are perfect
for students or folks who want to grab extra hours without working
late nights. Even better? Due to the rapid growth of our school,
advancement opportunities exist for the right candidate.
- Leadership roles
- Flexible hours
- Great pay
- Valuable work experience
- Increased social opportunities
- Future references/referrals
Job Title: Swim Instructor
- Ability to work with children
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organizational
- Must pass background examinations (included with training)
Reports to: Deck Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Summary: Instructs students on water safety and
proper swim techniques based on thorough knowledge of the Goldfish
Swim School curriculum.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Education/Experience: High school diploma or GED
is preferred. Experience as a certified lifeguard, youth sports
instructor/coach, camp counselor and/or childcare provider
required. Two or more years as a swimming instructor required.
Swimming experience preferred.
- Provides swim instruction based on the Goldfish Swim School
- Enforces safety rules and regulations to prevent accidents.
Makes rescues and administers first aid when necessary.
- Evaluates students progress, and completes required paperwork
in a timely manner.
- Interacts with parents/guardians on the activities and
development of students swim skills.
- Acts as a GSS ambassador to ensure parental satisfaction.
- Uses problem solving and creative thinking skills to identify
and resolve challenges that students encounter.
- Inspects pool areas before and after each class for possible
maintenance, cleanliness or damage issues. Reports issues to
management as appropriate.
- Maintains and ensures proper storage of all pool equipment.
Places and removes lane lines.
- Reports accidents and incidents to management. Completes
required documentation and paperwork.
- Performs Deck Teacher duties as needed.
- Performs light cleaning duties such as window washing, deck
mopping, trash removal etc. on occasion.
- Attend required/mandatory workshops and in-service training
outside of regular working hours.
- Fulfills other duties or responsibilities as assigned by the
Certificates and Licenses: Lifeguard, CPR/AED and
First Aid certification required. Shallow water attendant highly
Work Environment: While performing this job, the
employee is regularly exposed to heat and humidity. Noise level is
All associated locations are independently owned and
operated by a franchisee. Your application will go directly to the
franchisee, and all hiring decisions will be made by the management
of that franchisee. All inquiries about employment at this
franchise should be made directly to the franchisee, and not to
Goldfish Swim School Corporate.
Keywords: Goldfish Swim School - Centereach, Westport , Swim Instructor - Entry Level, Paid Training, Other , Centereach, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!