***COME JOIN OUR DYNAMIC AND GROWING OPERATIONS TEAM IN
BROOKHAVEN AND RECEIVE A SIGN-ON BONUS FOR JOINING AND STAYING WITH
US !! JUST ASK YOUR AMNEAL RECRUITER FOR ALL DETAILS AND QUALIFYING
* This position supports Operations Department objectives by
keeping production equipment operating efficiently. Performs
repairs and maintenance on machines and equipment. Typically
performs work in one or more of the maintenance trades: machine and
equipment repair, electrical, sheet metal fabrication. Uses hand
and power tools. Tests, inspects, troubleshoots, and repairs
machines and equipment. Uses blueprints, sketches, layouts, wiring
diagrams, drawings, and specifications. The ability to work with
both management and production supervision to achieve the company's
production goals. This position works both indoors in an office and
manufacturing setting and outdoors in a manufacturing environment.
This position also requires occasional travel by car. This position
is occasionally exposed to fumes, gas, oil, grease and dirt. This
position occasionally is exposed to the risk of electrical shock. A
moderate to loud noise level is typical for the work environment.
This position requires constant standing, walking and use of hands
and fingers and frequent talking and hearing. This position also
requires occasional sitting, stooping, kneeling and crouching.
Incumbent must be able to frequently lift and carry up to 10 pounds
and occasionally lift and carry up to 70 pounds.
* Monitors and performs preventative maintenance to assure
cost-effective maintenance and a scheduled maintenance program to
provide maintenance by manufacturers' specifications.
* Performs repair work on equipment, utilities and systems as
assigned by supervisor.
* Performs electrical troubleshooting, PLCs, as well as
mechanical. Determines material, equipment, and supplies to be
* Trains maintenance personnel for maximum productivity.
* Maintains all equipment manuals, equipment warranties, and
* Reviews work orders to ensure proper documentation.
* Directs mechanics in the use of safety equipment and
* Performs other tasks consistent with the goals and objectives
of this position.
* High School or GED - Required
* Vocational / Technical Machine and equipment repair,
electrical, sheet metal fabrication - Preferred
* 3 years or more in 3 -5 years experience in machine and
equipment repair, electrical, sheet metal fabrication
* Ability to troubleshoot, diagnose and repair equipment with
accuracy and speed; ability to create effective working
relationships with employees. Ability to coordinate programs,
prepare reports and maintain accurate records. Ability to
communicate both orally and in writing. - Intermediate
* Knowledge of methods, techniques and procedures involved in
maintenance repairs and replacement. Thorough knowledge of the
occupational hazards and corresponding safety precautions necessary
for the safe performance of assigned duties. Basic knowledge of
electronics, pneumatics, mechanics, hydraulics, and structural
maintenance. Some knowledge of PLC.
**Title:** *Machine Maintenance Mechanic*
**Requisition ID:** *2100M*