28198 - Manufacturing Engineer II
Company: Andersen Corporation
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Focus / Objective: Provide equipment and process technical
expertise as a critical component for managing the thermoplastic
and thermoset lineal technologies within the Andersen enterprise.
Focus will be on understanding equipment options, developing clear
specifications, leading large-scale capital projects, supporting
equipment and problem-solving tools for continuous
- Plan, organize and lead technical aspects of large-scale
capital / expense projects to successful completion.
- Provide technical leadership to develop, evolve, and improve
existing equipment and processing capabilities.
- Provide operational technical support for existing equipment
- Analyze data and develop proposals focused on improvements and
present to management.
- Work closely with process/quality engineers and
extrusion/compounding/maintenance technicians to understand
equipment related problems and offer solutions.
- Work closely with engineers at nearby manufacturing plants to
understand issues associated with thermoplastic materials or
lineals and work together to resolve in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with others to solve complex technical challenges
aligned with corporate strategies by sharing expertise and best
- Work independently under general managerial direction with
ability to develop and implement own work objectives.
- Keep informed on supplier offerings and developing technologies
to determine opportunities worth pursuing.
- Schedule, assign, direct, review and perform related work
coordination activities and follow-ups with others on technical
- BS in Chemical / Mechanical / Industrial or Manufacturing
- 3-5 years engineering experience - background in PVC
thermoplastic materials and processing helpful
- Software experience - MS Office, AutoCAD
- Exposure to manufacturing, quality systems, project management,
statistical process control, process capability and lean
- Strong aptitude in problem solving using analytical tools,
making process improvements and technical writing
- Strong communication skills with ability to work independently
in a cross functional team environment
Bayport, MN US
Keywords: Andersen Corporation, Westport , 28198 - Manufacturing Engineer II, Other , Bayport, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!