Special Education Teacher
Company: Achieve Beyond
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Come join a team of passionate therapists providing excellent
pediatric therapy to children throughout the United States! Achieve
Beyond was founded in 1995 and is continuously growing to meet the
needs of developmentally disabled children through our ABA, speech,
occupational, and physical therapy. We currently offer our services
in the entire metro New York area (including the five boroughs of
NYC, Hudson Valley and Long Island) and Albany, New Jersey,
Connecticut, the greater Los Angeles area, and the Virginia/
Maryland/ DC area. We specialize in conducting initial evaluations
and providing ongoing services in home, community and clinic
settings. Achieve Beyond is centered around our culture of
collaboration and support to ensure our services are of the highest
quality and adhere to our strong ethical standards.
Our clinicians will have access to the following benefits:
- Training and use of our paperless billing and data collection
- Access to continuing education workshops and trainings
- Team-building meetings, events, and trainings
NOW HIRING: Special Education Teacher
LOCATION: Positions throughout Nassau and Suffolk Counties
- Provide ongoing special instruction to children aged birth to 5
years, provide ongoing ABA services and/or conduct evaluations in
the childs most natural environment.
- Educate family members and caregivers on different intervention
strategies to facilitate active involvement and carry-over.
- Work in diverse settings such as patient homes, family day care
homes, daycare centers, and/or other community settings.
- Maintain accurate records of services provided; submit
evaluations and progress reports in a timely manner
- Prepare progress reports as per program timelines
- Maintain confidentiality of information regarding children and
families (in accordance with HIPAA and State & Federal regulations)
and submit records to agency within established deadlines
Must have a passion for working with children and families!
- Students with Disabilities Birth-2 Initial or Professional
certification OR Permanent Special Education certificate OR
Permanent TSHH certificate OR TSLD Initial or Professional
- Bilingual Spanish a plus; Bilingual extension necessary for
provision of services in our preschool program.
- Experience working with children under age 5
- Experience providing ABA services a plus. Training is provided
to all Special Education ABA providers
- Must be self-motivated, a team player, and exercise
- Must be able to travel to and from assigned cases including but
not limited to driving personal vehicle, walking, and/or use of
public transportation such as a bus or train.
- The ability to climb and descend staircases
- The ability to lift 10 pounds regularly
- The ability to sit on the floor, kneel, and/ or crawl for
Compensation depends on experience and will be discussed during
the interview process.
Achieve Beyond makes the best efforts to solicit active
participation by Certified Minority or Women owned Business
Enterprises (Certified M/WBEs) for the purpose of granting
subcontracts. We are always interested in receiving resumes from
Keywords: Achieve Beyond, Westport , Special Education Teacher, Other , patchogue, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!