28072 - Manufacturing Engineer I II
Company: Andersen Corporation
Posted on: May 3, 2021
PURPOSE: This position is responsible to support the Advanced
Manufacturing Systems & Processes (AMSP) group at Andersen
Corporation. Primary purpose will be designing and implementing
manufacturing processes to manufacture company products. Key focus
on commercializing different processes and equipment across the
enterprise. Must be able to understand end-to-end processes and be
a key contributor on small to large scale projects. At Andersen we
value diversity and inclusion. The AMSP team is seeking an
individual possessing a strong technical background with a desire
to be a change agent for the enterprise.
- Lead and/or support project teams on the successful
commercialization and start-up of new fabrication equipment and
- Interface with design, product engineering, supply chain, and
other business partners on the design for manufacturability,
process capability of new product or extensions.
- Provide recommendations regarding the viability of developed
design solutions that relate to new or current processes.
- Facilitate cross-functional team meetings, kaizens, and Process
System Design events.
- Ensure built in quality by using DMAIC tools: Process mapping,
process capability, C&E Matrix, fishbone diagram, FMEA, MSA,
DOE, Control Plans.
- Develop specifications to procure production equipment and/or
complete production lines.
- Partner with the Safety group to ensure all new or modified
processes meet or exceed corporate safety requirements.
- Create training tools, documents and standard operating
procedures for production processes ensuring consistent
- Introduce new perspectives on existing solutions to
continuously improve production and material flow processes.
- BS in Mechanical/Manufacturing/Industrial Engineering or
equivalent engineering experience
- 2+ years of engineering experience preferred with mechanical
- Understands and applies methodologies associated with project
planning and experience working with collaborative, cross
- Strong aptitude in problem solving using analytical tools and
making process improvements.
- Communicate effectively through written, verbal, listening, and
- Knowledge and experience with quality systems, statistical
process control, process capability and lean manufacturing
- Ability to effectively apply acquired knowledge and skills to a
variety of assignments within a moderate range of technical
- Strong experience in building and maintaining
- Experience with change management strategies.
- Knowledge of 2D & 3D solid modeling preferred (AutoCad/Inventor
Some travel may be required, primary location Bayport, MN.
Bayport, MN US
Keywords: Andersen Corporation, Westport , 28072 - Manufacturing Engineer I II, Other , Bayport, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!