About HELP USA
At HELP USA, we work to ensure that everyone has a place to call
home. Were one of the nations largest homeless services providers
and low-income housing developers serving at-risk populations
including families, individuals, veterans, survivors of domestic
violence, people with physical and mental health challenges and
disabilities, and seniors. With an annual operating budget
approaching $150 million and 1400 employees working in nearly 60
programs, we have helped over 500,000 people facing homelessness
and poverty to build better lives. We hope that you will consider
joining our team in the fight against homelessness.
Project Anchor is an innovative, start-up Homeless Prevention
Program funded by OTDA and located in Suffolk County. The focus of
Project Anchor is to assist imminently at-risk families from
entering the shelter system. The program enables intervention to
stabilize an existing housing arrangement and prevent the loss of
housing and also addresses risk factors to prevent future crises
that could lead to the loss of housing and/or homelessness.
Additionally, the program utilizes financial assistance to prevent
loss of housing through payment of arrears and/or temporary rental
assistance while clients work with program staff to increase their
income and address other risk factors.
As Outreach Specialist reporting to the Assistant Program
Director, youll engage Suffolk County communities to identify
individuals and families who have been impacted by COVID-19 and are
facing a housing crisis. Youll work closely with community-based
organizations and agencies to provide information on homelessness
prevention, encourage referrals to Project Anchor, and provide
pre-screening training to facilitate appropriate referrals. Youll
also make program presentations, attend community events, and
distribute program materials.
Specific responsibilities will include:
* Conducting program outreach activities with community
residents to identify and engage families and adults at risk of
homelessness and conducting pre-screening assessments for those in
need of program services.
* Working closely with community-based organizations and
agencies to provide program information and encourage referrals for
enrollment and services.
* Attending community events and facilitating program
presentations for community-based organizations and housing
* Creating, maintaining, and distributing outreach
* Developing and maintaining a program Resource Book to provide
resources to the case management staff and program clientele.
* Conducting client intake interview assessments, when
* Providing referrals to non-qualifying program applicants for
other programs and services that might be able to help them.
* Maintaining accurate case records and preparing data tracking
and statistical reports on activity as needed.
* Participating in the facilitation of client workshops
* Keeping up to date on applicable state and county social and
housing service regulations.
* Associates Degree required, with Bachelors Degree
* Bilingual (Spanish and English) fluency is a plus.
* Minimum of one year of experience, and preferably three, in
outreach and social services.
* Knowledge of homelessness and supportive services
* Strong organizational, verbal, and written communication
skills with ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
* Computer literacy, particularly with Microsoft Office 365
applications, with emphasis on Word and Excel.
* Knowledge of team concepts preferred.
* Ability to provide weekend and evening coverage, as
* Valid US Drivers license required as well as ability and
willingness to navigate public transportation.
EOE. A Drug Free Workplace.