28302 - Environmental Engineer II
Company: Andersen Corporation
Posted on: May 3, 2021
At Andersen, Orange is how we describe a spirit that drives us
to imagine what's possible. Our commitment at Andersen is to have
an inclusive and diverse workplace where employees feel respected,
valued and driven to realize their full potential. Whether in
product development, our manufacturing processes, sales programs
and services, the relationships we build-with our customers, our
communities and each other-we see possibility everywhere, every day
and use our collective talents to make it happen. We hope you'll
accept our invitation to Be Orange, Be You at Andersen.
Coordinate all or most activities on comprehensive, technically
challenging projects/assignments. Demonstrate originality in
technical work. Work closely with customer base to ensure
conformance to environmental requirements.
- Ensure environmental programs meet company requirements. Seek
out and implement continuous improvement and standardization
opportunities. Maintain large volumes of environmental
documentation. Maintain and develop systems to capture and store
corporate data. Work with customers to ensure systems meet business
- Develop regulatory submittals and internal reports. Oversee the
preparation of non-routine submittals by consultants/service
providers. Interface with regulatory personnel to clarify program
needs and requirements.
- Develop key metrics and communications. Educate customer base
on environmental performance. Implement projects to improve
sustainability performance and drive environmental
- Coordinate projects/compliance activities with Andersen
location site liaisons. Reach out to locations to help manage their
environmental programs. Lead inspections and audits. Facilitate the
resolution of findings. Work with sites to develop and implement
- Specify the installation, operation and maintenance of
environmental monitoring and control equipment. Develop operation
and maintenance programs to ensure equipment meets regulatory
- Coordinate environmental inspections and inquiries.
- Prepare key training presentations and provide regulatory
program training. Present to internal and external audiences
- Assign tasks to appropriate team member, including peers.
- Provide training and assistance to lower level staff on a full
range of environmental issues. Evaluate team member technical
- Act as "in-charge" lead on large group assignments or in
temporary absence of project manager.
- Participate in activities such as interviewing job applicants,
providing input to performance evaluations, etc.
- Serve as a key mentor to less experienced technical
- Provide technical back-up in the absence of supervisor/manager
of functional area.
CULTURE AND BENEFITS: Our vision is to make the world a better
place by living up to the promise that everyone benefits from their
association with Andersen. We're committed to making a difference
through challenging ourselves each day, recognizing and rewarding
success, taking pride in our work and honoring a legacy built on
doing the right thing. There is great respect for life outside work
so that you can bring your best self to work.
As an innovative and industry-leading organization, we think of
benefits more broadly. From your health care to your work
environment, to your development and quality of life, we think
beyond basic benefits to provide a total rewards package including,
but not limited to:
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account contributions
- Paid holidays plus PTO
- 401(k) plan & contributions
- Professional development & tuition reimbursement
- A culture that supports work-life balance
- An environment where collaboration is key
- Volunteer opportunities - on company time
- Environmentally conscious business decisions
- 10,000+ employees and career opportunities nationwide
- 4-year Environmental, Engineering or Energy degree. or
equivalent and 5 or more years of related work experience.
- Working knowledge of Federal and State environmental
regulations. Specialized knowledge in one or more regulatory
- Demonstrates considerable versatility in applying specialized
technical knowledge in a wide variety of energy/environmental
- Possesses knowledge across a wide variety of
energy/environmental programs and technologies.
Health, Safety & Environment
Bayport, MN US
Keywords: Andersen Corporation, Westport , 28302 - Environmental Engineer II, Other , Bayport, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!