Principal RF Design Engineer
Company: Affinity Executive Search
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Our principal RF Design engineer is responsible for developing
products from inception to production release. Most designs will
consist of system and board level designs of radio transmitters and
receivers in the 2GHz-8GHz range, RF Front Ends, Filters, Antenna
matching circuits, RF test systems for development and
manufacturing, design and/or specification of antennas, and
documentation including specifications, user manuals, and test
Our select engineer will work with in-house Electrical engineers,
Mechanical engineers and Firmware engineers as well as off-shore
Joint-Development-Partners (JDMs) in the design and manufacture of
RFID / Locating and (GPS) related Systems.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Sr. level RF (Radio
Frequency) engineer where you will see your designs used in
real-time both in the NFL as well as at some of your favorite
retail and giant stores like Amazon, Target and the US Postal
service. The room for growth, job security, salary and benefits
make this a career opportunity that you wont want to pass up.
* Relocation assistance is available.
* Salary and benefits are fantastic!
A BACHELOR OR MASTERS DEGREE IN ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING AND 10+
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE IN RF DESIGNS IS REQUIRED, COUPLED WITH BOARD
LEVEL RF/ANALOG CIRCUIT DESIGN SKILLS
* You will be responsible for RF system implementation throughout a
product design cycle.
* You will support EMI/EMC trouble shooting and validation.
* You will be responsible for part selection, prototyping, factory
bring up and lab bench debug and root cause.
* Domestic/international travel to achieve program milestones.
* Work with internal cross-functional team and external JDM/CM to
successfully bring wireless product to market.
* RF design experience in the 2GHz-8GHz range
* RF System level design experience in Ultra-Wideband (UWB) a big
* Experience with BLE/Wi-Fi/LoRa/GPS RF design
* Solid understanding of system level antenna design
* Experience with very low power, battery-based designs
* Have taken RF products through FCC/ETSI compliance testing
* Proven ability to write complex technical requirements
Our company has a presence in all sizes of ecommerce / retail,
manufacturing, transportation and logistics, healthcare,
professional sports, and other industries such as inventory
control, barcode printing, mobile computing, data capture,
locating, data platforms, and software
This RF Engineer is responsible for the design of products which
incorporate a diverse set of location technologies including:
Ultra-Wideband (UWB), ISO 24730 (2.4GHz), Bluetooth Low Energy
(BLE), Wi-Fi, magnetic and others, to locate inventory, assets and
people. You will design RFID tags, beacons, receivers, hubs, etc.
Products developed by this group include UWB tags and receivers
which are used to track all NFL football players and balls at all
NFL games at all stadiums. Design engineers must be creative in
applying the latest technologies to solving difficult location
(GPS) problems with cost effective, accurate, and reliable hardware
Keywords: Affinity Executive Search, Westport , Principal RF Design Engineer, Other , Hauppauge, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!