Emergency Department Clinician (LCSW, LPC, LMFT)
Company: William Backus Hospital
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to
work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every
moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut's
most comprehensive healthcare network.
St. Vincent's Medical Center in Bridgeport has more than 3,200
employees. It includes a 473-bed community teaching hospital, a
76-bed inpatient psychiatric facility in Westport, a large
multispecialty provider group, and special needs services for
adults and children. St. Vincent's is the first hospital in
Fairfield County to be integrated into the Hartford HealthCare
network, and is the system's second-largest hospital.
The ED Clinician is a master's prepared clinician functioning
within the behavioral health unit of the emergency department. This
is a fast paced position in which the clinician assesses
individuals presenting with a psychiatric or emotional crisis.
Excellent assesment and treatment planning skills essential for
this position. The Clinician will focus on patient centered work
which includes collaboration with families and community
- Provides behavioral health counseling services.
- Conducts patient assessments and establishes therapy treatment
- Administers individual and group therapy. Maintains thorough
and confidential records of observations.
- Evaluates progress and effectiveness of therapy
- Provides patient with information regarding resources and
therapeutic activities in the community.
- Responsible for precertification of patients seen in ED prior
to admission into Inpatient Psychiatric Unit
- Responsible for obtaining patients prior history for patient's
medical physician, psychiatrist, mental health professional and/or
family member and communicates information to designated staff as
required for appropriate treatment.
- Under the oversight of the psychiatrist, provides appropriate
and safe discharge plan.
- Under the guidance of the psychiatrist, reviews patient notes
to discuss and initiate the plan of treatment.
- Other Duties as assigned.
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
One or more of the following credential(s) required:
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC)
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT)
- Master's Degree in Social Work, Counseling, Psychology,
Marriage/Family Therapy or related field from an accredited
- Minimum two years' experience in psychiatric/social service
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers
exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you
are part of an organization on the cutting edge - helping to bring
new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education
to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving
organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a
competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance.
Every moment matters. And this is your moment.
Keywords: William Backus Hospital, Westport , Emergency Department Clinician (LCSW, LPC, LMFT), Other , Westport, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!