27962 - Engineering Technician III
Company: Andersen Corporation
Posted on: May 3, 2021
This position will assist the fabrication engineering team to
provide technical support to the Door Plant Fabrication value
stream. In addition, this position will focus on driving continuous
improvement, improving customer satisfaction, reducing waste,
increasing efficiency, and eliminating variation in the Door plant
milling, paint, supermarket, and other fabrication areas.
- Support strategic initiatives focused within the Value Stream
to ensure continuous improvement.
- Provide technical labor for testing and validating high value
raw material yield improvement opportunities.
- Drive continuous improvement, improved customer satisfaction,
reduced waste, increased efficiency, and elimination of variation
- Ability to work in a team environment to perform problem
solving and root cause analysis with Manufacturing Personnel,
Supervisors, Maintenance, Engineers and peers.
- Leads continuous improvement projects aligned to lean
- Leads cost reductions and yield improvements.
- Collaborates with delivery partners to determine appropriate
projects of focus, using available data from observation, queries,
process data, and working partner input.
- Demonstrates continued personal growth and development.
- Ensure quality & safety standards are met, report unsafe
conditions, accidents or injuries per safety policy.
- Fully develop multiple concepts relating to satisfying a
customer need and support all viable solutions to arrive at an
optimum solution for customers and the corporation.
- Able to solve problems with practical solutions.
Andersen is committed to making a difference through challenging
ourselves each day, recognizing, and rewarding success, taking
pride in our work and honoring a legacy built on doing the right
thing. There is great respect for life outside work so that you can
bring your best self to work.
We are committed to demonstrating mutual respect and
appreciation of our similarities and differences so that each
employee can realize his/her potential and we exceed our customers'
As an innovative and industry-leading organization, we think of
benefits more broadly. From your health care to your work
environment, to your development and quality of life, we think
beyond basic benefits to provide a total rewards package including,
but not limited to:
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account contributions
- Paid holidays plus PTO
- 401(k) plan & contributions
- Professional Development and tuition reimbursement
- A culture that supports work-life balance
- An environment where collaboration is key
- Volunteer opportunities - on company time
- Environmentally conscious business decisions
- 8,000+ employees and career opportunities nationwide
QUALIFICATION AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- 2-year Technical degree preferred or 2-5+ years of experience
in role or area of technical/process support.
- Milling and coatings experience preferred
- Strong mechanical and troubleshooting ability
- Strong ability to find and utilize data for driving
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with Andersen Management System Documentation
- Strong math, science, mechanical and experimental skills
- Strong aptitude in process improvement and problem solving
- Knowledge of quality programs and initiatives, SPC and process
capability, along with lean manufacturing principles.
- Ability to communicate both written and verbally within the
organization and externally to suppliers and customers.
- Demonstrate understanding of relevant methodologies and tools
(e.g. SPC, ERP, DMAIC)
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel,
Bayport, MN US
Keywords: Andersen Corporation, Westport , 27962 - Engineering Technician III, Other , Bayport, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!