Fire Service Technician
Company: Johnson Controls, Inc.
Posted on: May 3, 2021
What you will do
- Receive service calls from Service Resource Center, including a
brief description of equipment/system malfunctions.
- Responsible to contact customer representative and ascertain
- Diagnose problems and perform service and repairs on electronic
fire alarm systems and other related building system products at
- Follow prescribed troubleshooting procedures and refer to
technical manuals, part manuals, change notices and bulletins,
modification notices, etc. to repair equipment.
- Service, troubleshoot and install many different manufacturers'
Fire & Life Safety systems including SimplexGrinnell.
- Read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, submittals,
specifications software/systems, programs, schematics and
operational product manuals.
- Exhibit excellent customer service skills by consistently
communicating with the district staff and customers to ensure
- Complete Service Acknowledgements with proper coding through
communication devices, such as smart phones and laptop
- Obtain customer signature upon completed service call
- Participate in a scheduled On-call rotation.
- Help to train or mentor others on the service team.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What we look for
- 5+ years documented experience in low voltage electrical
systems, including Fire/Life Safety systems, Access Control, Nurse
Call, and Paging systems.
- Valid Fire Alarm License
- Experience in reading and interpreting blueprints, submittals,
and operational/product manuals. Knowledge of test equipment,
multi-meter, digital analyzer, and commissioning devices.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Capable of performing physical labor to include carrying and
moving equipment and tools up to 50-70 lbs.
- Able to work in unusual and sometimes difficult position such
as climbing ladders, scaffolding and high lift equipment up to 40
feet, working within ducts, crawl spaces, above ceilings, etc
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends to meet
- Overnight travel may be required.
- Demonstrate a high level of customer service.
- Maintain truck inventory to ensure timely response to customer
- Ability to adhere to, implement, and always follow safety
guidelines and procedures
- Strong organizational skills, positive attitude, and an ability
to learn quickly.
- Possess a valid driver's license and driving record that meets
- Able to pass a pre-employment background and drug test.
- Retain any licenses that are required by National, State and
- Completion of SimplexGrinnell 4120 Network training within 12
- NICET Level II certification strongly preferred
Johnson Controls International plc. is an equal employment
opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected
veteran status, genetic information, status as a qualified
individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected
by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you
are an individual with a disability and you require an
accommodation during the application process, please visit
Keywords: Johnson Controls, Inc., Westport , Fire Service Technician, Other , Hauppauge, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!