Long Island Community Hospital has served this richly diverse
region as a patient-first community hospital for more than 60
years. As Long Island's only independent community hospital, we are
100% committed to becoming the community's healthcare provider of
choice with our greatly enhanced services including the Knapp
Cardiac Care Center, our highly-advanced heart disease diagnosis
and treatment facility, our new modern surgical pavilion, our
unique ER approach, and our high-touch services including women's
imaging, sleep laboratory and orthopedics and more. These services
are delivered with the highest level of compassion by our LI
Community Hospital staff - Long Islanders with an unmistakable mix
of courage and heart who care about the people right here in our
community and whose sole purpose is to provide personalized
Long Island Community Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.
All applicants will be considered for employment without attention
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, veteran or disability status.
Under general supervision and in accordance with physicians'
orders is responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and
evaluating nursing care to patients in a variety of community
settings. Educates patients and their families by offering
instruction and guidance in health practice. Observes patients'
reactions to medication and treatment, documents and maintains
records and charts indicating patients' response, and notifies
appropriate personnel of patients' problems and/or adverse
Develops care plans based on patient need
- Establishes priorities for the delivery of care to formulate
effective care plans/clinical guidelines.
- Interview patients and families on the initial visit and
together with them and the M.D. develops the home care treatment
- Evaluates patients' and families' educational needs, and
develops and implements appropriate teaching programs.
- Understands and incorporates resources and functions of other
health-care professionals in the delivery of comprehensive care
- Assesses for changes in the patients' condition on an ongoing
basis and reflects those changes in the medical record by updating
care plans, medication records and the like.
- Renders professional nursing care by performing both complex
and routine treatments as prescribed by physicians or in accordance
with their care plans or condition.
Coordinates Patient Services
- Performs active chart review to ensure completeness of the
medical record on an ongoing basis.
- Documents telephone calls to physician when there is a change
in patient condition or as per agency policy.
- Documents case conferences with involved disciplines every two
- Supervises and directs supporting Home Health Aide personnel in
treatment of patients by providing plan of care and incidental
teaching for effective implementation of the care plan minimally
every two weeks.
- Performs related activities, i.e., communicating with Hospital
departmental personnel to resolve operational problems and to
- May be assigned duties as a coordinator to meet the needs of
- Assumes ongoing primary nursing and coordination
responsibilities for an assigned caseload of patients.
- On an ongoing basis reviews all documentation placed into the
medical record or entered into the computerized record. This
includes but is not limited to aide service reports, social work
notes, therapy notes, laboratory reports, billing information
- Understands and utilizes information regarding the home care
payment system to ensure correct reimbursement from payors on every
- Ensures by review the completeness of the medical record at the
time of discharge.
- Reports off to the supervisor with the status of the caseload
and any intervention necessary prior to extended days off or
- Completes all necessary paperwork at the end of the shift.
- Communicates the notebook/tablet as per policy to ensure the
exchange of patient information.
- Forwards all pertinent patient information as it is received to
the managed care coordinator to facilitate reimbursement.
Scheduling of Patient Visits
- Schedules all revisits as per the plan of care.
- As per the agency needs, accepts new cases.
- Communicates potential scheduling difficulties to the
- On the previous day, provides the supervisor/scheduling
coordinator with an accurate number of visits for the next
- Accepts on-call responsibility as assigned.
- As assigned performs weekend and holiday rotation.
- Participates in research programs and studies. Implements
performance activities and participates in related committees.
- Assists in orienting and training new personnel, and serves as
a resource for other personnel in resolving patient care
- Maintains knowledge of current trends and developments in the
field by reading appropriate books, journals and other literature
and attending related conferences, seminars and the like.
- Accepts assignments based on demonstrated competency to provide
care to age and gender specific population.
- Attends monthly staff meetings.
- Attends scheduled team meetings.
- Participates on departmental committees
- Exhibits a working knowledge of the department's performance
improvement functions by completing required logs, understanding
and gathering data for studies and the like.
- Complies with Department of Health regulations regarding care
to patients' and documentation of it as to not put the agency into
a deficiency mode.
Professional knowledge of nursing theory, practice and
Current New York State License as a Registered Nurse.
Current New York State Driver License
One to two years' prior related experience.
Advanced analytical skills.
Ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail.
Ability to walk and stand continuously (up to 80% of work time)
and lift and position patients.
Ability to navigate travel in Suffolk County.