General Service Technician
Company: Auto Plus Pep Boys
Location: Lake Grove
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Pep Boys is driven by its promise to its customers, "We go
further to help you go farther." Founded 100 years ago by military
veterans, generations of drivers have counted on Pep Boys
ASE-certified Pros to service their vehicles. With a national
network of nearly 1,000 locations in 35 states and Puerto Rico, and
27distribution centers, Pep Boys employs more than 8,000 people.
More than seven million vehicles pass through Pep Boys bays each
year, and our commitment to being the ONE our communities count on
is demonstrated through our exceptional customer experience and
support of the critical technical training initiatives needed to
close America's skills gap. For more information, visit
Responsible for the efficient inspection, repair and replacement
of general automotive parts and accessories. A successful General
Service Technician will serve as the resident expert in the
companies' core services, such as, oil solutions, battery services
and tire installations; and deliver superior service through
educating the customer on the problems and proposed solutions for
their vehicle. The General Service Technician will conduct a wide
variety of inspections and repairs, including but not limited to
fluid exchanges and maintenance services, tire inspections /
installations and bulb, wiper blade and filter replacements. The
General Service Technician may be required to provide advice to and
sell customers on automotive services and repairs that are
recommended or required for their vehicle.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare and ship complete orders for delivery or pickup
according to schedule (load, pack, wrap, label, ship).
- Receive and process warehouse stock products (pick, unload,
- Perform inventory controls and keep quality standards
- Keep a clean and safe working environment and optimize space
- Operate and maintain warehouse vehicles and equipment.
- Follow quality service standards and comply with procedures,
rules and regulations.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Strong verbal skills.
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- 6 months of relevant experience preferred.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret retail business
reports, professional and/or technical journals, time reports,
operational reports, government regulations, merchandising reports,
plan-o-gram (merchandising) instructions or technical
- Ability to apply basic mathematical concepts such as addition,
subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages and
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and
draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical
instructions in diagram form and deal with several abstract and
- Must be able to work days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
The characteristics described here are representative of those
an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of
- Extensive standing, walking, pushing and reaching.
- Need full range of motion for reaching, bending and
- Repetitive movement of hands, arms, legs.
- May drive a vehicle if needed.
- Lifting of heavy equipment >100 pounds is required.
- May work outside and be exposed to weather.
- Exposure to adverse weather conditions, chemicals, odors, dirt
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and
ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected
Keywords: Auto Plus Pep Boys, Westport , General Service Technician, Other , Lake Grove, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!