Company: Hartford HealthCare
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Job Schedule: Full Time
Standard Hours: 40
Job Shift: Shift 1
Shift Details: rotating, some evenings, every other weekend and
every other holiday
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to
work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every
moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticuts
most comprehensive healthcare network.
St. Vincents Medical Center in Bridgeport has more than 3,200
employees. It includes a 473-bed community teaching hospital, a
76-bed inpatient psychiatric facility in Westport, a large
multispecialty provider group, and special needs services for
adults and children. St. Vincents is the first hospital in
Fairfield County to be integrated into the Hartford HealthCare
network, and is the systems second-largest hospital.
- Develops and implements therapy treatment plans.
- Conducts patient assessments and establishes
recreational/leisure therapy treatment goals.
- Evaluates each patient's progress and the effectiveness of
recreational/leisure therapy interventions.
- Coordinates therapeutic recreational/leisure activities for
both large and small groups. Observes patient response and
- Provides patient with information regarding resources and
therapeutic recreational/leisure activities in the community.
- Facilitates activity and therapy group based programming in
accordance with patient's treatment plan and goals.
- Participates in planning processes and clinical programming
based on evidence based initiatives.
- Work closely with attending psychiatrist and other members of
the treatment team to initiate and implement treatment plan
specific to the needs and goals of each patient.
- Other Duties as assigned
- Masters Degree in counseling, therapeutic recreation, art
therapy, movement therapy, music therapy, social work, or other
related human service field.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in behavioral health particularly
inpatient, required (internship experiences applicable.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers
exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you
are part of an organization on the cutting edge helping to bring
new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education
to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving
organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a
competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance.
Every moment matters. And this is your moment .
Keywords: Hartford HealthCare, Westport , Rehab Therapist, Other , Westport, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!