Want to bring the "care" back to the vision care industry? We're
looking for charismatic types who are ready to be the heart of our
brand. Whether it's a friendly voice over the phone, or a welcoming
smile when a patient walks into your store, we need people who are
passionate about helping customers look great and see great.
The Retail Supervisor is a leader that takes initiative and
grows the business of their Visionworks location. This person role
models the Visionworks way and supervises the store in the absence
of the General Manager. The RS will also support the General
Manager in achieving store financial goals by demonstrating floor
leadership, accountability, and providing associate team with
coaching to ensure a simple, human and bold patient and customer
- Promote the store's profitability and achievement of sales
goals by holding self and team accountable to delivering daily,
weekly, and monthly targets
- Role model and engage in all steps of Patient/Customer journey,
as well as supervise and redirect associates in exam lane and sales
- Support General Manager in managing incoming traffic by
coordinating and confirming doctor appointments and scheduled
- Coach, motivate, and support associates to perform in their
respective roles with excellence to ensure a flawless
- Remove obstacles and find resolution in the patient/customer
experience with General Manager partnership
License State specific responsibilities:
- Analyze and interpret patients' prescriptions.
- Communicate as necessary with the Optometrist to ensure
accuracy of prescription.
- Dispense eyewear
- Final inspection
- HS Diploma, GED or equivalent experience required
- 1-5 years of experience required
- Licensed RS will have a State Opticians License
- Communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret insurance forms.
- Work changing schedules to meet business demands
- Work inside location
- Strong organization and supervisory skills
- Speak clearly and effectively
- Calculate, manipulate, and interpret numbers/data
- Read English
- Problem solve, reason and resolve issues effectively
- Use independent judgment and discretion
- Meet customer expectations
- Work under stress with interruptions and deadlines
- Ability to think logically
- Follow procedures and instructions
- Use computer effectively and view computer screen
- Attention to detail
- Exhibit empathy in all situations
- Manage location effectively
- Drive automatic equipment/vehicle continuously
- Optical experience a plus
Training Requirements (where applicable)
- Must complete company training programs within the required
- Cross training in all departments as needed
Essential Responsibilities related to Physical Demands/Work
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential
functions. While performing the duties of this job, the associate
is required to stand, use hands and fingers to handle, feel, pick
or pinch, and talk or hear most of the time. The associate is
occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and
arms. The associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 20
pounds. The noise level in this location is moderate (use of
computers, printers and machines).
Amount of Time
1/3 to 2/3
Use hands to touch, handle, or feel
Reach with Hands and Arms
Climb or balance
Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
Talk or hear
Essential Responsibilities related to Behavioral
- Must be detail orientated and well organized.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively with other
associates and clients.
- Must be energetic and self-motivated.
- Must be a team player.
- Must be able to problem solve.
- Ability to work onsite and participate in interactive onsite
meetings on a regular and predictable basis.
- Ability to initiate immediate interaction, coordination and
collaboration with team members, clients, customers etc.
HIPAA & Security Requirements
All Associates must comply with the Health Insurance Portability
Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as it pertains to disclosures of
protected health information (PHI) as described in the Notice of
Privacy Practices and HIPAA Privacy Policies and Procedures. As a
component of job roles and responsibilities, Associates may have
access to covered information, cardholder data or other
confidential customer information which must be protected at all
times. As a result, Associates must explicitly adhere to all data
security guidelines established within the Company's Privacy &
Security Training Program.
Visionworks is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the
hiring, advancement and fair treatment of individuals without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation,
gender, national origin, ethnicity, disability or veteran status,
or any other protected status designated by federal, state or local
The specific statements shown in each section of this
description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent
typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the
job successfully. As required by changing business needs, complete
additional essential responsibilities as identified and
- Job Family Contributor
- Job Function Retail Incentive Plan
- Pay Type Hourly
- Store 1073, Centereach, New York, United States of America