Nursing Admin Supervisor-PD
Company: Good Shepherd Hospice
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Nursing Admin Supervisor-PD
Facility: St Catherine of Siena Med Ctr Location: Smithtown, NY
Department: Nursing Administration Category: Nursing / Nursing
Leadership Schedule: Per Diem Shift: Varied hours Hours: varied
At Catholic Health, our primary focus is the way we treat and
serve our communities. We work collaboratively to provide
compassionate care and utilize evidence based practice to improve
outcomes to every patient, every time.
We are committed to caring for Long Island. Be a part of our
team of healthcare heroes and discover why Catholic Health was
named Long Island's Top Workplace.
Our Nursing Administrative Supervisor will:
- Assume responsibility for all administrative activities in the
absence of the Administrator on hospital premises.
- Motivate and encourage self-direction of care team members to
participate fully in the mission and goals of Catholic Health.
- Ensure and maintain adequate and competent levels of patient
care in all areas of operation.
- Collaborate with the Vice President for Patient Services in
facilitating nursing care.
- Provide excellent supervisory and communication skills
necessary for coordinating staff activities and interpreting
operating policies and procedures for staff.
- Partner with an interdisciplinary team including, but not
limited to, attending physicians, Registered Nurses (RNs), and
ancillary staff to optimize patient outcomes and satisfaction.
- Advocate for and build meaningful relationships with patients
and their loved ones through safety intervention, emotional
support, and education.
What you'll bring:
- Passion for Nursing Leadership
- 3-5+ Years acute care clinical RN experience
- 3-5+ Years leadership/healthcare management experience
- Knowledge of regulatory agency requirements, and establishment
of staffing patterns and schedules.
- Education: Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree required
- Masters of Nursing (MSN) or relevant field required (within
agreed upon time period)
- Licensure: New York Registered Nurse (RN) License &
- Certification: Basic Life Support (BLS) certification is
St. Catherine of Siena Hospital is a proud member of Catholic
Health, and has served the residents of the Smithtown area for more
than 50 years. St. Catherine's is located on the north shore of
Long Island in Smithtown. The campus is comprised of a 296-bed
not-for-profit community hospital; a 240-bed nursing and
rehabilitation care center; and a 60,000 square foot medical office
building. Our nurses, physicians and support staff are devoted to
providing advanced health care in an environment of compassion to
our patients, their families and our community.
At Catholic Health your well-being comes first, with
comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond
the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance,
generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also
offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension
plan and several savings plan options for your future.
Keywords: Good Shepherd Hospice, Westport , Nursing Admin Supervisor-PD, Other , Smithtown, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!