Company: Data Device Corporation
Posted on: May 3, 2021
- Design: Perform original and innovative
circuit and/or software design.
- Leadership: Provide technical direction to
Technicians and Designers.
- Optimize: Develop creative approaches that
favorably optimize design trade offs for various elements of a
design such as product cost, performance, feature set, time to
market, and technical risk.
- Product Specifications: Develop clearly
written design specifications that contribute to DDC’s success in
the market relative to their technical performance, feature set,
cost and time to market goals.
- Planning: Develop plans, schedules, and
identify resources required to develop products from market
requirement through product release.
- Innovation: Conceive methods for achieving
product requirements and specifications using appropriate circuit
design, process, manufacturing and mechanical
- Industry Standard Participation: Participate
in technical meetings with various standards settings associations
to contribute to standards development and/or to report on issues
that may influence DDC’s business or technical direction.
- Supplier Audits: Visit, review and report on
suppliers’ facilities, capabilities and/or processes.
- Customer Support: Support Applications
Engineering staff to solve technical problems relating to the use
of DDC’s products in customers systems at customers’
- Competitive Analysis: Research the competitive
market landscape for products being developed through marketing
inputs, review and analysis of competitive products.
- Vendor Selection: Work with other departments
as appropriate to lead vendor or engineering outsource selection
decisions based on uniform technical performance, risk and cost
tradeoffs on design projects.
- Continuous Improvement : Research, develop,
evaluate and/or implement new methods, processes, techniques,
tools, components, or technology that improve quality, timeliness
and/or performance of DDC’s products or the efficiency or cost
effectiveness of DDC’s engineering work.
- Planning: Identify risk areas and develop
contingency plans to eliminate or mitigate risk that could result
in schedule delays or failure to meet specification or design plan
- Win New Business: Contribute technical input,
as well as material and labor cost estimates in support of tactical
business opportunities and proposals.
Educational / Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or similar field of
studies is required. Graduate degree desirable.
- Five (5) or more years related engineering experience is
- Demonstrated ability to develop, articulate and present
technical information appropriately targeted to meet the needs of
audiences at all levels including highly technical to non-technical
in both written and verbal forms.
- Experience in power electronics design, thermal analysis and
EMI analysis and best practices. Familiarity with DC and AC input
power specifications, familiarity with DC/DC converters.
- Ability to debug and successfully resolve hardware/firmware
issues in new and existing products
- Hands-on experience troubleshooting issues using tools such as
Oscilloscope, Analyzers, DMM, etc.
- Experience with one or more schematic capture/circuit board
- Familiarity with multiple communication protocols including
CAN, RS232/422/485, SPI, JTAG
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
Keywords: Data Device Corporation, Westport , Engineer (Electrical), Other , Bohemia, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!