28045 - Product Life Prediction Engineer I/II
Company: Andersen Corporation
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The PLP Engineering position will provide critical insight to
Andersen's engineering teams about how products and materials
behave under a variety of forces and environmental conditions both
in the laboratory and in the real world across a range of time
spans from a few milliseconds to years.
Based within Andersen Corporation's Research, Development, and
Innovation organization, the primary responsibilities of this
position will be to provide Advanced Measurement and Analysis
services including data collection, post processing of results, and
recommendations to product development teams. This position will
also manage Andersen's Outdoor Weathering program ensuring that
studies are properly initiated, monitored, and critical results are
communicated to stakeholders.
- Measurement system development and set-up, including sample
preparation and instrumentation plans for new measurement
- Collaborate with technicians during the collection of sample
measurement data from a variety of advanced test methods.
- Perform analysis and post processing of test data to understand
product movement or material property behaviors.
- Document test results and provide engineering recommendations
to internal engineering teams via presentations and written
- Develop, improve, and document changes to proprietary Andersen
test and measurement methods employed in both laboratory and field
- Manage the Andersen Outdoor Weathering Program at both Andersen
owned sites and sites operated by outside suppliers. Conduct
physical inspections of products under test at multiple weathering
sites in AZ, FL, OH, and MN. Report inspection results back to
- Participate in field service visits as needed to help solve
- Train technicians to perform individual test set-up,
inspections, and measurements as needed.
- Travel as needed within the USA. Up to 15% travel.
BS in any of the following majors in order of preference:
Mechanical Eng., Reliability Eng., Aerospace Eng., Material
Science & Eng, Civil Eng., Chemical Eng., or Physics
0-5+ years engineering experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and familiarity with product
- Familiarity with reliability engineering principles and product
test methods desired.
- Good understanding of statistical methods, data visualization,
and analysis tools.
- Ability to write and debug computer programs (ie. C, C++,
Fortran, Visual Basic).
- Understanding of basic principles of circuits and electronics
and ability to solder custom circuits and sensors as needed.
- Proficiency with Microsoft products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint,
- Experience using databases desired - MS Access, mySQL, Oracle,
- AutoCAD or other CAD software experience desired. Ability to
read and understand engineering drawings.
- Committed to providing high quality products across the
- Curious about how and why products don't always function as
- Not afraid of large datasets.
Bayport, MN US
Keywords: Andersen Corporation, Westport , 28045 - Product Life Prediction Engineer I/II, Other , Bayport, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!