Chemist I (I)
Company: The Nature's Bounty Co
Posted on: April 3, 2021
The Nature's Bounty Co. is now The Bountiful Company!
The Bountiful Company is a global leader in health and wellness,
living at the intersection of science and nature. As a
manufacturer, marketer and seller of vitamins, minerals, herbals,
supplements, protein bars and powders, we are focused on enhancing
the health and wellness of people's lives. The brands of The
Bountiful Company are some of the most trusted in the world
including Nature's Bounty--, Solgar--, Pure Protein--, Osteo
Bi-Flex--, Puritan's Pride--, Sundown--, Body Fortress--, MET-Rx--,
Ester-C-- and Dr.Organic--.
Inclusion and Diversity in the workplace matters at The Bountiful
Company. This includes being focused on retaining and recruiting a
diverse workforce and building a culture of inclusivity. Our goal
is to create a place where people feel respected, valued and able
to bring their authentic selves to work each day.
Did we mention that we also offer excellent benefits, competitive
compensation and a progressive, healthy company culture? If you've
ever spent your workdays watching the clock, you know how important
a positive work environment is for a person's well-being. The
Bountiful Company is committed to supporting wellness in all forms.
And when it comes to wellness, nature is a pretty good place to
The Chemist applies knowledge and skills to perform diverse and
complex laboratory procedures and /or specialized technical,
administrative services requiring application of equivalent
technical knowledge in a quality control laboratory. Also,
responsible for adhering to the Standard Operating Procedures
(SOPs) and Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs) that are in effect
assuring the quality and quantity of product produced.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited
- Performs routine raw material and sample testing
- Processes samples for chemical analyses
- This may involve collecting specialized samples in various
- Sets up and dismantles instruments and apparatus.
- Prepares specialized solutions / suspensions such as mobile
phases or media to perform essential laboratory procedures (for USP
- Makes and records observations, performs calculations, collects
and prepares data for evaluation
- Reports results of assignments, maintains and performs related
record keeping of instruments performance and repairs on a lab
- Maintains, calibrates, validates, monitors and troubleshoots
- Participates in designing and conducting investigational
studies of atypical results
- May either handle hazardous waste or supervise individuals who
handle hazardous waste
- Preference for ICP-MS experience
- Openness to learn new instruments methods and positions Job
- 2+ years analytical laboratory experience preferred
- Bachelor's degree in chemistry, biology or a related science
field or equivalent experience in lieu of degree
- Technical skills handling laboratory equipment
- ICP-MS experience
- Technical skills: USP wet Chemistry techniques such as pH,
titrations and UV testing
- LC (waters Software), GC and ICP experience
The Bountiful Company is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The Bountiful Company offers a competitive salary and a
comprehensive benefits package, which includes health and dental
plans, voluntary short-term and long-term disability, life
insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401(k), tuition
reimbursement, generous associate discounts and more!
Please contact Human Resources at [ Phone number blocked ] if you
should need a reasonable accommodation to submit your information
for our online job postings.
Ref # POS000004028
Keywords: The Nature's Bounty Co, Westport , Chemist I (I), Other , Bohemia, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!