Senior Inspection Supervisor
Company: Harris Geospatial Solutions
Posted on: April 1, 2021
COVID-19 Hiring Update: Strengthening our workforce is more
important than ever to meet our customers' mission-critical needs.
L3Harris is continuing to hire talented people to join our team,
and we are closely monitoring COVID-19 to ensure safe hiring
practices are used. This includes limiting onsite candidate
interviews and prioritizing video interviews. We also have virtual
new hire onboarding processes in place for those whose jobs can be
performed remotely. Click here to learn more about opportunities
with L3Harris. For more information on L3Harris' response to the
COVID-19 situation, click here . Our Business and Operations team
has an unwavering focus on our commitment to excellence in
everything we do. They're the backbone of our ability to deliver
mission solutions with speed, innovation and flawless
- Full Time
- Level: Varies
- Travel: None Success Profile What makes a successful Business
and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we're looking for and see if you have the
- Technical Quote Job Description L3Harris is dedicated to
recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are
passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a
shared dedication to our customers' mission and quest for
professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging
environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life
success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on
values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence
in everything we do. L3Harris Technologies is an agile global
aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end
solutions that meet customers' mission-critical needs. The company
provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air,
land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18
billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in
more than 100 countries. Description: Job Title: Senior Supervisor,
Quality ManagementJob ID: AS20211802-56851Job Location: Hauppauge,
NYJob Description: Supervises individual(s) typically consisting of
support level employees. Provides day-to-day work direction for
direct report(s), focuses on maintaining steady workflow and
productivity and resolving operational decisions. Provides input on
hiring, firing, promotion, performance and/or compensation
decisions for direct report(s). Reports to Senior Quality
- Supervise Incoming, In-Process, and Final inspectors.
- Manage inspector's day to day operations
- Establish / Improve work flow to maintain minimum backlog and
turn time thru the work center
- Ensure compliance to company and customer requirements.
- Review nonconformance reports generated by inspectors prior to
submittal to QE's.
- Schedule and coordinate customer source inspections.
- Working knowledge of mechanical blueprints & tolerances.
- Familiar with industry standards such as Mil Specs,
- Knowledge of AS9102 requirements for First Article inspections
- Previous experience working in an AS9100 environment.
- Usage of mechanical measurement tools.
- Interface with Production to determine priorities
- Train reports on inspection and measurement methods
- Assist with inspections as required
- Maintain accurate records using the supplied software systems,
Pass/Fail, Non-Conformance, Material review
- Review customer complaints for inspection escapes and determine
RCCA to eliminate.Qualifications:
- Understands basic supervisory approaches such as work
scheduling, prioritizing, and process execution.
- Supervises lower level professionals or supervisors and/or
higher level support.
- Communicates with parties inside and outside of own department
to explain and interpret policies, practices, and procedures.
- Makes improvements to processes, systems, and solutions.
- Plans and establishes operational objectives for a team with
moderate impact on department results.
- Understands basic management approaches and has proficient
knowledge of job area.
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 2 years of prior related
experience or 2 years post-Secondary/ Associates Degree with a
minimum of 6 years of prior related experience.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain
a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to
U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional
offer of employment may be subject to government security
investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access
to classified information. By submitting your r--sum-- for this
position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may
share your r--sum--, as well as any other related personal
information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and
affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other
available positions. L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is
committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment
with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free
from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national
origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy,
childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions),
gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital
status, veteran status, disability, genetic information,
citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group
protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a
drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse
testing and background checks, where permitted by law. Enter Your
Email Address So We Can Track Your Referral Sign up for job alerts
and be the first to know about our job openings.
Keywords: Harris Geospatial Solutions, Westport , Senior Inspection Supervisor, Other , Hauppauge, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!