Senior Software Engineer, Full Stack
Company: Ten Spot
Posted on: January 11, 2022
Ten Spot is hiring for our next Senior Full Stack Software
Ten Spot is a fully remote organization and has been since before
COVID made it trendy. While we have groups of employees in Texas,
San Francisco, and New York, our team works from cities and states
across the USA. Though many companies offer fully remote working
environments, no one is as good as Ten Spot at building strong team
culture in a remote working environment: its what we do.
What We Do
Ten Spot is the workforce engagement platform with the vision to
make everyone in the world love where they work. Our platform helps
forward-thinking companies empower managers with automation and
insights about their team so they can build deeper relationships
that drive connections and employee satisfaction.
How do we do this? Think of Ten Spot as your ERM, employee
relationship management. We learn your employees. We understand
their communication preferences, crucial lifecycle moments and how
they prefer to be managed alongside powerful analytics to measure
sentiment and behaviors. Ten Spot allows companies to harness real
insights to enable better people management.
Why Ten Spot
The Ten Spot team moves at lightning speed, and our employees have
the opportunity to make an extraordinary impact. We are growing
fast and achieving milestones every day. This wont be your easiest
job, but it will be your best!
Our full-time employees receive competitive compensation and a full
benefits package, including stock options, health, dental, vision,
and life insurance, and 401K starting their first day. Work from
wherever you want, and know youll build camaraderie with the team
because we use our own product.
How Youll Help
Ten Spot needs you, a senior software engineer who likes to work
full stack, to help us make managers better. This is a remote
position on our permanently distributed team.
From day one, youll work closely with a focused and enthusiastic
product team building with React, Typescript, and Python. Youll be
a key technical contributor during product discovery and
definition, and youll own technical design, implementation and
delivery for significant features.
During your first year, youll make foundational architectural
decisions while taking on a wide variety of product and technical
challenges. As we grow, youll have the opportunity to take on a
technical leadership role at the staff level or an engineering
What You'll Do
- Architect, build and improve our products, solving problems
- Augmenting real-time interaction with team members with highly
- Capturing, distilling and presenting insights and opportunities
for more authentic interactions
- Whatever else you help us dream up!
- Contribute to the design and improvement of our architecture
- Push yourself and the team to obsessively improve product
quality, user experience, software craft, and efficient
- Help build a great product and engineering team dedicated to
delivering incredible value to our customers
Who You Are
- Obsessive about customers and passionate about understanding
their needs and delivering the best product for them
- Dedicated to improving your product and engineering craft, with
strong, well-considered opinions on the stuff that matters
- An effective communicator who routinely goes the extra mile to
make other people successful
- Able to learn quickly, work independently and with others, and
consistently get stuff done
- Experienced with modern web development, with expertise in
Why we might be a great fit for you
- Were taking on tough, systemic problems faced daily by managers
that dont have easy solutions. You will have a significant impact
- Well grant you a lot of autonomy and trust, and back it up with
meaningful empowerment and support. You wont be held back
- We focus on outcomes, not output, and since we care deeply
about our mission and work hard to advance it, we ensure all of our
work is meaningful and worthwhile.
- We care deeply about diversity and consider it absolutely
critical to our success, and were doing the hard work required to
make that true.
- We love to spend time with our families and friends, and we
prioritize flexibility and work-life balance.
Why we might not be a great fit for you
- The needs of our customers drive our decisions, and everyone is
expected to become experts on them. If you cant see yourself
adopting this mindset, it wont work out.
- Were an early stage company with great bones, but we have our
share of rough edges. You need to be excited about building
something from the ground up.
- We know where were headed, but were still figuring out how to
get there. You need to be ok with plans and priorities
Keywords: Ten Spot, Westport , Senior Software Engineer, Full Stack, IT / Software / Systems , Holtsville, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!