ShopRite - Store Detective
Company: ShopRite Markets
Posted on: June 22, 2022
We are living our Purpose - To Care Deeply about People, Helping
them to Eat Well and Be Happy. This Purpose guides everything we do
and is why we are in business. We are using our service priorities
- Safety, Friendliness, Presentation, and Efficiency to help us
make decisions at work every day and are critical to the success of
our business goals.
To deliver a great customer experience while providing a safe
environment, and ensure the safety of all Company assets; to
protect Company assets within assigned stores through detection of
Customer, Vendor, and Associate theft through direct observations
and CCTV surveillance.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
The minimum required qualifications for this position include, but
are not limited to, the following:
* Ability to proficiently read, write, speak, analyze, interpret,
and understand the English language.
* Ability to stand/walk for the duration of a scheduled shift.
* Ability to stand, bend, twist, reach, push, pull and regularly
lift 25 lbs., and occasionally lift 50 lbs.
* Ability to tolerate dust and cleaning agents during routine
* Ability to work in varying temperatures.
* Ability to travel to various store locations, if applicable.
* Ability to interact with Customers in a friendly and helpful
* Ability to work cooperatively with others.
* Ability to work all assigned work schedules and comply with all
time and attendance policies.
Essential Job Functions:
Performance of the essential functions of this position require the
Associate to possess the minimum qualifications listed above. These
functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Utilize Company Loss Prevention reporting and applications (i.e.
Lane Hawk, Smart Store) to identify and minimize potential loss and
* Detect and apprehend Customers, Associates, and Vendors for theft
in a professional manner in accordance with Company policy, by
specific directions of the Loss Prevention Specialist, and legal
requirements in order to protect assets.
* Represent the Company in criminal actions as result of
* Participate in special investigations when assigned.
* Bring loss vulnerabilities existing in any assigned store, along
with recommendations, to the attention of Store Management and Loss
* Be knowledgeable and understand all departmental procedures
within the Company in order to be able to detect policy
* Coordinate own activities and functions to obtain maximum
productivity and efficiency.
* Observe security standards by staying alert and being aware of
Customer actions and behavior; report to Store Management any
* Regularly lift, pull, push and rotate merchandise that weights 25
lbs., and that occasionally weights up to 50 lbs.
* Maintain the security of auxiliary doors and entrances.
* Maintain good communications with Associates and Store Management
throughout the Company.
* Notify Store Management of personnel situations or policy
violations having an adverse effect on store operating performance
or of situations requiring disciplinary action.
* Understand operation of cash register and follow all cash
* Greet all customers and provide them with prompt, courteous
service and assistance.
* Be knowledgeable about location of items in store.
* Understand and adhere to Company shrink guidelines as relates to
* Maintain a clean, neat, organized and safe work/shopping
* Observe store rules and Company policies.
* Dress and groom according to Company policy including uniform,
name badge and hat or hair restraint requirements.
* Observe shift operating hours at all times as scheduled or
assigned by the store manager.
* Perform all duties in accordance with Company rules, policies,
safety requirements, and security standards and all Local, State
and Federal health and civil code regulations.
* Perform duties in accordance with the Company's HAZCOM program
and adhere to manufacture's label instructions for the safe and
proper use of all chemical products.
* Perform all duties in accordance with safety policies and
* Assist in training personnel when required.
* Complete all applicable training programs.
* Stand at work station for duration of scheduled shift, which may
exceed 8 hours per day.
* Perform all duties in accordance with all ShopRite Service
Priorities (Safety, Friendliness, Presentation, and
* Maintain punctual and regular attendance.
* Work overtime as assigned.
* Work cooperatively with others.
* Must be 18 years or older to operate balers, hi-lo's, power
jacks, and slicing machines.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Important Disclaimer Notice:
The above statements are only intended to represent the essential
job functions and general nature of the work being performed and
are not exhaustive of the tasks that an Associate may be required
to perform. The employer reserves the right to revise this job
description at any time and to require Associates to perform other
tasks as circumstances or conditions of its business, competitive
considerations, or the work environment change. This job
description is not a guarantee of employment.
Keywords: ShopRite Markets, Westport , ShopRite - Store Detective, Hospitality & Tourism , Nesconset, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!