Registered Nurse (RN) - Adolescent Behavioral Health
Company: Hartford HealthCare
Posted on: November 20, 2023
Description Job Schedule: Part Time Standard Hours: 32 Job
Shift: Shift 1 Shift Details: Shifts scheduled between 7:00 am -
3:30 pm Shifts required every other weekend Work where every moment
matters. Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come
to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing
every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of
Connecticut's most comprehensive healthcare network. St. Vincent's
Medical Center in Bridgeport has more than 3,200 employees. It
includes a 473-bed community teaching hospital, a 76-bed inpatient
psychiatric facility in Westport, a large multispecialty provider
group, and special needs services for adults and children. St.
Vincent's is the first hospital in Fairfield County to be
integrated into the Hartford HealthCare network, and is the
system's second-largest hospital. Job Summary:
- Provides direct patient care to behavioral health patients in
accordance with the established policies and procedures of the
- Performs initial and on-going bio-psychosocial assessments
according to accepted standards of nursing practice. Develops a
nursing plan of care consistent with the master treatment
- Participates in treatment team conferences to assist in
planning and revising goals, objectives and interventions
appropriate to the age-related and problem-specific needs of each
- Implements nursing plan of care for assigned patients and
conducts and/or co- leads group therapy sessions for patients.
- Evaluates patient's response to interventions and revises
nursing plan of care as needed. Collaborates with the treatment
team to revise goals, objectives and interventions appropriate to
the changes in patient status.
- Performs appropriate assessments of patients per hospital
policy and identifies physical, psychosocial, cultural spiritual
and age-related needs in order to provide individualized care of
- Develops and documents a comprehensive plan of nursing care in
collaboration with the patient and family to meet the physical,
psychosocial, spiritual, cultural and age-related needs of patients
in order to facilitate the delivery of care.
- Provides direct patient care according to physician's order and
appropriate protocols as evidenced by documentation in patient's
medical record and direct supervisor or peer observation.
- Evaluates and recognizes changes in patients' physical and
psychosocial status and revises the plan of care as necessary.
- Delegates aspects of care to other nursing personnel,
consistent with their level of education and expertise in order to
meet patients' needs and to maximize staff performance.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care
appropriate to behavioral health patients and to interact with the
interdisciplinary team in order to achieve the desired outcomes for
- Other Duties as assigned.
- Reflects ANA Scope and Standards of Nursing Practice (2015),
ANA Code of Ethics (2015), and ANA Social Policy Statement (2015).
- Associate Degree in Nursing (ASN) required, Bachelor of Science
in Nursing (BSN) preferred.
- Must be able to both individually and as a team member
successfully manage out of control patients using the methods
outlined in the MOAB training
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Connecticut
Department of Public Health obtained prior to hire date or job
- Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart
Association (AHA) or American Red Cross obtained within 2 Months
(60 days) of hire date or job transfer date. We take great care of
careers. Hartford Healthcare provides eligible employees with an
extensive benefits package and all the benefits of working with a
top notch organization:
- Medical and dental benefits
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Generous paid time off with accrual starting on the date of
- Additional voluntary benefits as well as employee discount
programs With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare
offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth.
Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge - helping
to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community
education to countless men, women and children. We know that a
thriving organization starts with thriving employees we provide a
competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance.
Every moment matters. And this is your moment.
Keywords: Hartford HealthCare, Westport , Registered Nurse (RN) - Adolescent Behavioral Health, Healthcare , Westport, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!