LPN Per Diem
Company: St. James Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center
Location: Saint James
Posted on: March 20, 2023
St. James Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center - LPN - Licensed
NOW OFFERING DAILY PAY
We are looking for a talented and hard-working LPN (Licensed
Practical Nurse) to join our ever-growing team.
- Provides direct nursing care and assist the designated
Registered Nurse, planning, implementation and evaluation of care
of residents within the framework of the nursing process. Work
within the philosophy, purposes, policies and standards of both the
Facility and Nursing Department. The incumbent performs nursing
procedures for which preparation as LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse)
has provided the necessary knowledge, skills, and
- Observes records and reports resident condition in order to
facilitate resident assessments, care planning, therapeutic
intervention, and evaluation of care.
- Provides direct care to residents particularly in the
administration of medications, treatments, and diagnostic
- Assists in maintaining an environment that is conducive to the
health, comfort, and safety of residents and staff.
- Adheres to regulatory and facility policies and procedures,
particularly with respect to the proper handling of drugs and
controlled substances, infection control, quality of care quality
of life, resident rights and protocols for residents
- Provide basic health information to residents and
- Acts as Charge Nurse when assigned and carries associated
duties as making out shift staff assignments, completing 24 hour
Nursing Report, documenting resident condition and care when on
reporting resident and staff issues of concern to the supervising
- Documents observations of resident conditions and care (e.g.
pressure ulcer status, responses to medications,
incidents/accidents MDS, Monthly ADLs, resident behavior, etc) as
- Assist in maintaining needed supplies and equipment on the
- Assist the physician in assessment and treatment activities and
cooperates with other disciplines and departments in the interest
of residents care and staff relations.
- Manages concerns of residents and their relative/friends in a
prompt, courteous and responsible manner.
- Assist in the orientation of other nursing staff to the work
environment and unit activities.
- Assist in the evaluation of Certified Nursing Assistant
- Engages in self-growth and development, attend in-service
classes as scheduled and keeps abreast of nursing and resident care
- Report all pertinent resident and staff performance information
to RN in charge or supervising nurse (UCC).
- Current license and registration as Practical Nurse in New York
- Demonstrate knowledge of pharmacology and medication
administration in the elderly; knowledge of aging process.
- Ability to communicate resident condition needs and care
vocally and in writing.
- Experience in long term care/residential health care facilities
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: St. James Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, Westport , LPN Per Diem, Healthcare , Saint James, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...