Project Manager - Substations
Company: TalentBoost (Avangrid)
Posted on: November 18, 2022
Avangrid is looking for a Substations Project Manager to join
their team in Orange, CT.The Project Manager is responsible for
coordinating activities between several substation projects,
located in Maine, New York and Connecticut, by managing resource
requirements, priorities, investment plans, project execution
strategy and internal/external resource requirements. Substations
projects may originate due to reliability, asset health, system
capacity customer or other project need. Responsibility includes
meeting corporate goals for capital investment, managing
Construction Work in Progress, and energization of projects. Must
manage team performance to maximize the effectiveness of capital
budget delivery considering the environment, operating efficiency,
regulatory, CWIP and operational needs.Represents the company in
regulatory and public forums.Coordinate activities of project team
members including engineers, construction managers, and external
contractors. Facilitates the work of external contractors and other
internal business areas. Holds contractors accountable for
performance. Holds project team members accountable for results.
Provides technical advice to senior management when required.
Responsible for the overall project control and reporting,
providing leadership and coordination of the scheduling, cost
controlling and reporting processes and functions. Ensure projects
are delivered on schedule, within budget and in conformance to
quality and engineering standards.Major Roles and
- Interfacing with municipal stakeholders and local permitting
- Program and project management skills.
- Leadership skills.
- Document control.
- Participates in project team scheduling and budgetary planning
- Works within the project unit, managing internal and external
project resources . Sets unit goals and direction to align and
undertakes action plans, program management to accomplish
- Oversees project budgets. Analyzes project unit performance and
initiates actions to control scope, schedule and cost performance.
Proactive approach to overseeing work measures progress and takes
actions to ensure budgets and deadlines are achieved. Approves
project plans, executes contract strategies to undertake work and
controls and authorizes expenditures. Initiates actions to ensure
compliance with a project management and quality management
processes and procedures. Assures that projects are completed
within the approved scope, schedule and budget.
- Coordinates with other departments, consultants, attorneys,
utilities, regulatory agencies, government agencies, and major
customers. May represent the company and testify in regulatory
hearings or at Federal, State or local agency or municipal
- Considers innovative ways to undertake work, promoting
automation and efficiencies in day to day work streams.
- Provides recommendations on policies and goals desired and
implements new/revised processes and procedures according to
- Responsible for the overall management and control of project
unit budgets including O&M and Capital.
- Informs management and project teams regarding cost and
schedule performance variances and corrective action required.
- Responsible for ensuring the risk control system is
- Continually monitors individual progress to insure meeting of
- Responsible for Project accountability overview, making sure
that it complies with FERC, NERC and any other applicable
- Attendance to Cost & Schedule Meetings.
- Works with Coordinator on the Risk definition, cost, and the
Mitigation Action analysis.
- Attendance to Executive management meetings, providing and
presenting reports and cost-schedule-risk views as required.JOB
REQUIREMENTS:Education & Experience Required:
- Bachelors' degree with 7 years relevant experience required.
Degree in Engineering or experience in energy industry preferred.
- Project Management Certification preferred.Skills/Abilities:
- Ability to mobilize team members to deliver projects on time
and under budget
- Expert in integrating Scheduling IT tools and software: MS
Project with costs and resource requirements.
- Expert in risk management and mitigation plans
- Expert in utilizing MS Excel for data analysis, budgeting and
planning and optimizing schedules.
- Ability to use and query SAP
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Public presentation skills and ability to summarize concepts
utilizing Microsoft Project
- Results oriented
- Understanding of quality assurance processes and implement with
- Knowledge of main configuration and general arrangements of
networks (substations, overhead lines and cable)
- Supervision of field personnel and construction
- Proven ability to lead teams and work in a team
- Team orientedExperience/Training:
- Experienced in contract negotiations and supplier
- Proven experience obtaining siting permits
- Project Management Professional Certification
About the CompanyAVANGRID, Inc.
(NYSE: AGR) aspires to be the leading sustainable energy company in
the United States. Headquartered in Orange, CT with approximately
$39 billion in assets and operations in 24 U.S. states, AVANGRID
has two primary lines of business: Avangrid Networks and Avangrid
Renewables. Avangrid Networks owns eight electric and natural gas
utilities, serving more than 3.3 million customers in New York and
New England. Avangrid Renewables owns and operates a portfolio of
renewable energy generation facilities across the United States.
AVANGRID employs approximately 7,000 people and has been recognized
by Forbes and Just Capital as one of the 2021 JUST 100 companies -
a list of Americas best corporate citizens - and was ranked number
one within the utility sector for its commitment to the environment
and the communities it serves. The company supports the U.N.'s
Sustainable Development Goals and was named among the World's Most
Ethical Companies in 2021 for the third consecutive year by the
Ethisphere Institute. For more information, visit This job has been
posted by TalentBoost on behalf of Avangrid. TalentBoost is
committed to the fundamental principle of equal opportunity and
equal treatment for every prospective and current employee. It is
the policy of TalentBoost not to discriminate based on race, color,
national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, religion, creed,
disability, sex and gender, sexual orientation, gender identity
and/or expression, military or veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local
Keywords: TalentBoost (Avangrid), Westport , Project Manager - Substations, Executive , Westport, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!