Director, Quality Management
Posted on: May 9, 2022
Narda-MITEQ is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse,
high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our
employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers'
mission and quest for professional growth. Narda-MITEQ provides an
inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and
promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an
unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and
commitment to excellence in everything we do.
Job Title: Director, Quality
Job Location: Hauppauge, NY
Director of Quality is a key member of the site leadership team and
is responsible for planning, developing, and directing the quality
team, policies, programs and initiatives. They will establish
metrics to ensure that products meet customer specifications and
are consistent with the quality standards of the Company. In
addition, this individual will be responsible for the development
and implementation of strategic plans and improvement initiatives
targeting reliability, supplier quality and cost of poor quality.
This role will be a single point of accountability for Quality for
- Contributes to the achievement of company objectives by playing
an active role in the strategic planning process including the
development of quality targets for continuous quality
- Ensure total product integrity by providing strategic
leadership in establishing a common quality vision, culture,
structure, management systems and processes.
- Develop, implement and monitor all key quality metrics,
systems, and procedures.
- Defines quality objectives and functional
- Develop and implement strategies to increase performance
against identified KPI's, reduce the cost of poor Quality, and
improve product performance.
- Contributes to the quality improvement efforts of the company
by following a structured continuous improvement approach and
focusing on root cause identification and correction.
- Oversees customer and supplier quality audit programs. Ensure
that the audit programs are maintained as required by
internal/external policies and procedures.
- Actively interface with customers, product line management, and
engineering for quality issues, technical information,
specification, agreements, audits, etc.
- Stimulates cooperation between teams to enable issue
- Work with both suppliers and customers to ensure the highest
level of quality throughout the value stream.
- Team with the Supply Chain organization to develop, implement,
and manage supplier metrics.
- Serves as a facilitator and mentor to subordinates and fellow
co-workers, retain/build organizational talent.
- Manage the quality organization's budget, in support of meeting
the company's financial commitments.
- Bachelor's in engineering or closely related field.
- A minimum of 15 years of relevant professional experience in
electronics manufacturing environment preferably in the Aerospace
and Defense industry.
- Must have a thorough working knowledge of the various customer
and industry quality system models such as ISO9000 and
- Ability to interface with and effectively communicate with a
broad range of customers, cross functional teams, as well as
- Professional communication and presence.
- Proven ability to effectively contribute to the quality
improvement efforts of the company.
- Six Sigma / Lean experience preferred.
- Master's degree preferred
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret security level
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain
a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to
U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional
offer of employment may be subject to government security
investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access
to classified information.
Narda-MITEQ is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity
Employer. Narda-MITEQ is committed to treating all employees and
applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining
a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All
applicants will be considered for employment without regard to
race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity,
gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other
related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression,
sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability,
genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or
membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local
laws. Narda-MITEQ maintains a drug-free workplace and performs
pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where
permitted by law.
Keywords: NARDA-MITEQ, Westport , Director, Quality Management, Executive , Hauppauge, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!