Diesel Mechanic - Shoreham & Rocky Point School Districts- First Group
Company: First Group
Posted on: May 25, 2023
First Student is now hiring a Diesel Mechanic for our shop
serving Shoreham and Rocky Point School Districts!First things
First: Who are we? Twice the size of our next largest competitor,
First Student is the leading school transportation solutions
provider in North America. Every day, we complete 5 million student
journeys, moving more passengers than all U.S. airlines combined.
With a team of highly trained drivers and the industry s strongest
safety record, First Student delivers reliable, quality services to
1,100 school districts. Why join First as a Diesel Mechanic?
- The wage is set at $25.31 per union contract
- An additional $.10 per hour for each ASE certification you
possess or obtain
- Company-paid ASE testing and training materials
- Up to $175 boot reimbursement per year
- Up to $25,000 tool insurance benefit.
- $25,000 of life insurance
- Ten company-paid holidays
- 100% Company-paid Medical coverage for Individual plans
- Monday-Friday full-time shift schedule and consistent,
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities
- Benefits include medical, dental, vision, & 401(k)
- Paid holidays & vacation
- Annual allowances for boots, tools, and prescription safety
- State-of-the-art training programs
- Discounts on cell phone plans, cars, and more through the Perk
Spot program!About the Diesel Mechanic PositionAs a Diesel Mechanic
with First Student, you will help maintain and repair school buses
to ensure vehicle readiness & safety while guiding lower-level
technicians. Other major job duties include:
- Perform preventative maintenance (PMs), safety inspections, and
annual DOT maintenance inspections.
- Diagnose and perform all vehicle and equipment repair phases,
including brakes, suspensions, drivetrains, & transmissions.
- Ensure work orders are completed accurately.
- Assist with mobile emergency services.Diesel Mechanic
- Valid driver s license required; Willingness to obtain CDL
while employed We train!
- At least 1 - 3 years of automotive or diesel maintenance &
repair experience or technical school education.
- Possess a mechanic s tool set
- Willingness to participate in the ASE certification program.
Training, testing, and bonuses are provided!
- Subject to a drug test.Get your career on the road with First
Student! We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We
strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce; therefore all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For
candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles
California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants
with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San
Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance
Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so
we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports
future growth for all. Associated topics: cae, machine, mechanical
engineer, mechanic, mechanism, naval, powertrain, rotordynamic,
Keywords: First Group, Westport , Diesel Mechanic - Shoreham & Rocky Point School Districts- First Group, Engineering , Shoreham, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...