Gas and Diesel Mechanic - Mt Sinai and surrounding school districts
Company: First Student
Location: Middle Island
Posted on: January 27, 2023
First Student is now hiring a Diesel Mechanic for our shop serving
Mt Sinai, Miller Place, and Longwood School Districts.! First
thingsFirst: Who are we? Twice the size of our next largest
competitor, First Student is the leading school transportation
solutions provider in North America. Every day, we complete 5
million student journeys, moving more passengers than all U.S.
airlines combined. With a team of highly trained drivers and the
industry's strongest safety record, First Student delivers
reliable, quality services to 1,100 school districts. Why join
First as a Diesel Mechanic?
- $29.73 - $33.80 / hour per union contract.
- An additional $.10 per hour for each ASE certification you
possess or obtain
- Up to $175 boot reimbursement per year
- Up to $25,000 tool insurance benefit.
- Up to $25,000 of life insurance
- Company-paid ASE testing and training materials
- Monday-Friday 6:00 am - 3:00 pm full-time shift schedule and
consistent, year-round work
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities
- Benefits include medical, dental, vision, & 401(k)
- Ten company-paid holidays
- 100% Company-paid Medical coverage for Individual plans!
- Paid holidays & vacation
- Annual allowances for boots and prescription safety
- State-of-the-art training programs
- Discounts on cell phone plans, cars, and more through the Perk
Spot program! About the Diesel Mechanic Position As a Diesel
Mechanic with First Student, you will help maintain and repair
Thomas, International, Giridan, and Bluebird school buses to ensure
vehicle readiness & safety while guiding lower-level technicians.
Other major job duties include:
- Lead preventative maintenance (PMs), safety inspections, and
annual DOT maintenance inspections.
- Diagnose and perform all phases of vehicle and equipment repair
including brakes, suspensions, drivetrains, & transmissions.
- Ensure work orders are completed accurately.
- Assist with mobile emergency services. Diesel Technician
- Valid driver's license required; Willingness to obtain CDL
while employed We train!
- At least 3 - 5 years of automotive or diesel maintenance &
repair experience or technical school education
- Possess a mechanic's tool set
- Willingness to participate in ASE certification program.
Training, testing, and bonuses are provided!
- Subject to DOT drug testing and physical. DOT Regulation 49 CFR
Part 40 does not authorize the use of Schedule I drugs, including
marijuana, for any reason. Get your career on the road with First
Student! We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We
strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For
candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles
California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants
with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San
Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance
Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so
we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports
future growth for all.
Keywords: First Student, Westport , Gas and Diesel Mechanic - Mt Sinai and surrounding school districts, Engineering , Middle Island, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!