Mechanic A (i)
Company: The Nature's Bounty Co
Posted on: April 1, 2021
The Nature's Bounty Co. is now The Bountiful Company!
The Bountiful Company is a global leader in health and wellness,
living at the intersection of science and nature. As a
manufacturer, marketer and seller of vitamins, minerals, herbals,
supplements, protein bars and powders, we are focused on enhancing
the health and wellness of people's lives. The brands of The
Bountiful Company are some of the most trusted in the world
including Nature's Bounty--, Solgar--, Pure Protein--, Osteo
Bi-Flex--, Puritan's Pride--, Sundown--, Body Fortress--, MET-Rx--,
Ester-C-- and Dr.Organic--.
Inclusion and Diversity in the workplace matters at The Bountiful
Company. This includes being focused on retaining and recruiting a
diverse workforce and building a culture of inclusivity. Our goal
is to create a place where people feel respected, valued and able
to bring their authentic selves to work each day.
Did we mention that we also offer excellent benefits, competitive
compensation and a progressive, healthy company culture? If you've
ever spent your workdays watching the clock, you know how important
a positive work environment is for a person's well-being. The
Bountiful Company is committed to supporting wellness in all forms.
And when it comes to wellness, nature is a pretty good place to
The Mechanic A is responsible for performing maintenance activities
as required to support all plant operations and assist the
maintenance supervisor and/or lead in supporting the overall
maintenance effort and team.
This role requires for the colleague to adhere to all Environment,
Health and Safety policies and procedures in order to keep
themselves and others safe, all Standard Operating Procedures
(SOPs) and current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) that are in
effect in order to assure a consistent quality and quantity of
Job responsibilities include:
- Demonstrate "Safety First/Safety Always" attitude and work
habits in all aspects of job performance and perform job duties to
the highest quality standards possible
- Execute daily assignments to include but not limited to
coordinating, supporting and performing all required plant
reactive, preventative, proactive, project and setup support
- Assess, troubleshoot and repair
manufacturing/packaging/facilities issues (to include researching
technical data, procuring parts, performing hand-on repairs and
assisting in the coordination of contractor support as needed) in a
timely fashion and with minimal supervision
- Utilize the site's Computerized Maintenance Management System
(CMMS) to properly document maintenance actions and assist in
training fellow mechanics/technicians on the proper use of the
system, to include assisting in the analysis of maintenance
issues/trends to make improvement recommendations
- Assist in training, coaching and mentoring fellow
mechanics/technicians on proper maintenance practices to include
but not limited to safe work practices, equipment theory of
operation, proper troubleshooting techniques and best-practice
repair procedures, etc.
- Demonstrate personal responsibility for following all safety
rules, SOPs, cGMP guidelines and sets the example for proper
housekeeping as well as tool and material control and assists in
enforcing the same expectations amongst their peers on the
- Personally demonstrate and avidly encourage a continuous
improvement culture within the maintenance team by actively
participating in continuous improvement processes and projects and
by completing assigned projects on time and with high-quality
- Communicate effectively with associates at all levels (within
and between departments) verbally and in writing and assist in
coordinating maintenance resources (manpower and material) to best
support the production effort
- Comply with company policies and procedures, maintain regular
work attendance and support short-notice overtime requirements when
- Assist maintenance supervisor and lead in allocating
maintenance associate and equipment resources required to safely
and efficiently support production and maintenance department goals
and expectations and assists in leading the maintenance
department/effort in the absence of the maintenance supervisor
- Perform other duties as assigned by Manager or Supervisor Job
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
(Associate's Degree, Trade School Certificate and/or Military
Technical Training preferred)
- Demonstrated strong electrical skills and ability to
effectively utilize electrical test equipment such as multi-meters,
meggers or other specialized test equipment (as required) and be
able to confidently read and interpret electrical prints and
- PLC programming experience is required
- Must be mechanically inclined and possess the ability to use
all standard tools of the trade; to include but not limited to
basic hand and machine tools, various test equipment (as required)
and be able to read and interpret mechanical drawings and prints,
as well as demonstrate the ability to safely and effectively
operate basic shop machinery such as hyd. presses, grinders,
lathes, mills and drill presses.
- Must have 5 or more years of experience working in and around
electro-mechanical equipment, in a manufacturing environment,
preferably under cGMP regulations
- High level of organizational skills, good written and oral
communication skills and ability to meet project deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, as well as
multi-task and provide follow-up when responses are needed
- Must demonstrate effective leadership skills (Experience in a
leadership role preferred)
- This role requires the use of personal protection equipment
(PPE) and working around equipment and machinery.
- Visual acuity to inspect equipment and read labels and
- Physical ability to stand for most of the day (5-8 hours a day)
and to regularly work on raised surfaces and climb stairs or
- Physical capability to repetitively lift and carry 25lbs for up
to a height of 4 feet and for a distance of 4 feet for 1-2 hours a
day. Frequently from 26 - 50lbs for the same height and distance
for 1-2 hours a day. For proper lifting and carrying, squatting is
- The role may require pushing and pulling a fully loaded pallet
jack or lift (-500lbs) for extended distances.
- Physical ability to repetitively bend and twist at the waist
and neck and to reach above and below shoulder level to reach for
product, components or equipment panels.
- Frequent and repetitive use of both hands is required for
simple grasping, power grasping, fine manipulation.
- Must be able to work around known allergens (e.g. milk, soy,
Fish oils and or other products derived from fish).
The Bountiful Company is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The Bountiful Company offers a competitive salary and a
comprehensive benefits package, which includes health and dental
plans, voluntary short-term and long-term disability, life
insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401(k), tuition
reimbursement, generous associate discounts and more!
Please contact Human Resources at [ Phone number blocked ] if you
should need a reasonable accommodation to submit your information
for our online job postings.
Ref # POS000002336
Keywords: The Nature's Bounty Co, Westport , Mechanic A (i), Engineering , Bohemia, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!